Author Topic: Thursday Night Tank Fights and Training in the AVA--4/4/19 at 8pm EST  (Read 634 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Thursday Night Tank Fights

8pm EST in the AVA arena.

tonight we will battle it out in the snow at luxemburg

the tank camouflage will make it very difficult to see the

bad guys. come in and give it a try. it will be lots of fun

remember, no bombers, no fighters, just fun!

vox 223

see you at 8pm EST

<S>

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
crazy night, snow everywhere. tanks with snow camouflage! burned out city! rail yard! it was great. see ya all next week!!

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
I don't want people to be afraid of the avaetow download. Jaeger keeps telling me that my connection is slow!
Windows reports less than 116 MB on my hard drive and the download server reports 113 MB with a three minute download when I force a fresh install.

Someone reported the avaetow terrain download was too large. I heard mention of 250MB, and that it was taking more time then they were willing to wait. I can only hope whoever it was will find it worth it to do the download again, in the background or during off hours if needed. The reaction of most people when they first view it is, "Wow!"

For a terrain with custom textures for everything from the tower clock and base flags to the terrain tiles, 113MB isn't bad imo. There's a custom city with a railyard, and probably another couple dozen custom objects as well. As stated by others, the entire ground vehicle set caries custom winter camo. Likewise the bases and trees are also covered in the game's default winter snow.

It's runs in tank night every three or four weeks and it's one of my favorites, but, yeah, I'm prejudiced.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
It was only possible to see an opponent if they were moving, tank camo matched the trees so welll. Well worth the time. Esyscore I hear cudo's go to you for the terrain?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Thanks. I must include Ghostdancer as well. He did a great job converting the original ground textures for a winter terrain.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
lets not forget the burned out city.....after I wrecked it!! LOL