Author Topic: Mouse-Pilot Safe-Space Arena  (Read 1796 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Mouse-Pilot Safe-Space Arena
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 03:53:37 PM »
I wouldn't want the game to be more gamey by compensating to mouse players

Providing a separate, mouse optimized arena would in no way effect the Melee arena, or the rest of AH.  Except by possibly bringing in more revenue to support it's continued development.

And I agree, Lazerr should suggest his mouse configuration as the default. If anyone knows how to optimize that style, it sounds like it is him.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Mouse-Pilot Safe-Space Arena
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 07:00:24 PM »
Human nature with all games is players old vet, or first day, all want to go where all the numbers are playing the game. The ancillary arenas for AH never attract numbers with exception of FSO one night a week so, why will anyone checking out the game go where there are no numbers? Why does everyone make this fundamental mistake concerning human nature when even themselves, they won't hangout anywhere but where the numbers are?

If Hitech does not have an easy mode mouse system in the MA, gameboy, playstation and xbox heros will not like the MA meat grinder. All of the games developed around those platforms are pretty much interchangeable for that demographic like AH was for the Personal Computer joystick generation of players. That is why WT has them as a following becasue of F3 mode with a console style easy mode lead computing gunsight and their mouse or game pad as the primary controller type. A separate arena is called WO: Pacific and it's free.

The only place new people pass through that Hitech has a few precious minutes to hold their attention for AH3 is the MA. Just becasue the WT style demographic might play WO: Pacific does not mean they will graduate to the AH3 MA and suddenly upgrade to a joystick. WT has joystick support and realism mode which has a very tiny following. Getting up and running in the AH3 MA for the mouse controller demographic is as arduous and complicated as average AH3 players trying to getup and running in DCS flying their Dora.

So Hitech creates an easy mode mouse flying system for the MA where it is AI assisted, and they can pick a ride then take off with their mouse and no setup like playing WT or all their console games, many may stick around. Maybe not since the vets with HOTAS will slaughter them like we slaughter newbies who start out with joysticks. I think we are also dealing with all the delusional baggage that comes with the snowflake generations. If it's not easy, familiar and intuitive out of the box and makes them feel like hero's from the get go, they don't like it. That is the commonality of all the console style games that they have come to expect.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.