Author Topic: Late war Plane dillema  (Read 39463 times)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Re: Late war Plane dillema
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2019, 12:58:23 PM »
Novice aren't you more upset in this case about the HO's where they where not needed by the 190 and the Yak? That looked lame by them.

But on the other hand i do think in this video's case you should have tried to build up some more energy, i think it was to low in most cases so you didn't really gave yourself a real way with dealing with there attacks. just being constructive.

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2019, 02:13:07 PM »
I did , I usually do it intentionalyto draw a fight, I fly 4-5k waiting for someone to latch on and hopefully fights on. We are getting side tracked here a bit but to sum it up.

Its a game and games should be fun, that is not fun for me or even if it was the other way around if I was a picker. I upped 190d last night and yeah I died zero times got a 4-5 kills but it took me forever and 3 maybee 4 sorties.

FSO I get the reality part is important and there I would do simillar thing due to one life and having to fly for 2 hours to get to the engagement.

I merely posted the video to show what others were saying not because  “ They suck , the guy who shot me down is a $&@&,or that he hoed me ” (insert whatever the popular rant is)

It is BORING and a waste of time.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2019, 02:17:08 PM »
The video shows a classic situation. The player picks a slower plane that turns better and complains that faster planes choose appropriate tactics.

So you are saying I should run from every plane that turns better than me? Hell no ill turn with whatever and if I get killed because that guy in spit 8 or 5 is good instead of a newb so be it.

Offline novice

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2019, 02:20:27 PM »
Novice aren't you more upset in this case about the HO's where they where not needed by the 190 and the Yak? That looked lame by them.

But on the other hand i do think in this video's case you should have tried to build up some more energy, i think it was to low in most cases so you didn't really gave yourself a real way with dealing with there attacks. just being constructive.

DutchVII

Yeah I agree with you l, ultimately had I known the type of players I would have upped K4 instead. They did kinda go for the front, but avoided it best I could.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2019, 02:35:03 PM »
If only there were someplace that people could go to get a 1v1 coalt fair fight in comparable aircraft.

That place is not the Melee Arena.  It is there for people to do whatever they can with whatever they've got.  Expect the HO.  Expect them to come in with alt.  Expect them to gang.  People are there (theoretically) to move mud and/or control the area.  They are going to do whatever the physics and arena will allow them to.

They are generally there to kill you by any means necessary, whether it be with their guns or dragging you to something else that can kill you.  How it happens is immaterial.  If you die, their mission is accomplished.

If that's not what you're there for, perhaps you need to look at popularizing one of the other arenas that has gameplay more to your liking.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2019, 02:39:07 PM »
So you are saying I should run from every plane that turns better than me? Hell no ill turn with whatever and if I get killed because that guy in spit 8 or 5 is good instead of a newb so be it.

I think he's saying that if you knew the appropriate tactic, you wouldn't need to disengage and run from a plane with better maneuverability or speed.  The game is more than turn and burn.

An example is your tale about flying the Dora.  You complained it took you a long time getting your kills with multiple sorties.  Had you flown correctly using the proper tactics, those kills would have been gained in a single sortie.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2019, 03:56:16 PM »
Here is a little sample of lame play

If you got shot down and you can't admit that YOU made a mistake that got you to the tower.  You will never improve beyond the paper bag your currently trying to fight your way out of.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2019, 04:01:26 PM »
If only there were someplace that people could go to get a 1v1 coalt fair fight in comparable aircraft.

That place is not the Melee Arena.  It is there for people to do whatever they can with whatever they've got.  Expect the HO.  Expect them to come in with alt.  Expect them to gang.  People are there (theoretically) to move mud and/or control the area.  They are going to do whatever the physics and arena will allow them to.

They are generally there to kill you by any means necessary, whether it be with their guns or dragging you to something else that can kill you.  How it happens is immaterial.  If you die, their mission is accomplished.

If that's not what you're there for, perhaps you need to look at popularizing one of the other arenas that has gameplay more to your liking.

Wiley.

Thank you.

You have won the Internet today.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »

Wiley.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2019, 04:19:47 PM »
Don't chase novice from the MA. A shift from paying customers to MPA freeloaders would not be good for AH III.  :old:

I recommend promoting a new sense of challenge where everything isn't about a fair 1 on 1 joust (it has it's place in development - it's just not the be all/end all thing).

:cheers: :airplane: :joystick: :banana:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2019, 04:41:47 PM »
Don't chase novice from the MA. A shift from paying customers to MPA freeloaders would not be good for AH III.  :old:

I recommend promoting a new sense of challenge where everything isn't about a fair 1 on 1 joust (it has it's place in development - it's just not the be all/end all thing).

:cheers: :airplane: :joystick: :banana:

How HTC structures their payment plan isn't particularly my concern.  I just really, really wish people would stop trying to bend the free for all melee arena around their desire to have some kind of "fair fight" however they choose to define it.  We are not Chuck Norris waiting for the bad guys to form an orderly line to defeat us 1v1.  In the Melee, we're just another dweeb in the ecosystem.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2019, 04:45:10 PM »

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2019, 04:47:08 PM »
No one is saying they are looking for a 1v1 experience..... #MissingThePoint

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2019, 04:48:50 PM »
That is the good thing about flying a 38. If you are over the water, get really low and slow... everyone thinks you are a pontoon boat or fishing trawler with the booms out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2019, 04:50:33 PM »
No one is saying they are looking for a 1v1 experience..... #MissingThePoint

DutchVII

They are saying they want their version of a fair(er) fight though.  With all the window dressing taken away, this discussion can be boiled down to "Please make BnZ less effective so I can turnfight with these guys."

Wiley.

JG11