Author Topic: For the complainers  (Read 2779 times)

Offline BOBO

• Copper Member
For the complainers
« on: April 06, 2019, 09:46:36 AM »
Yesterday there was a big battle and my country was on the defending side.

One player in particular who is a prolific vocal complainer showed up and then most of the other defenders decided to play somewhere else on the map.

Then the player mentioned above started complaining even more and soon found himself to be the lone defender.

It's my strong opinion that excessive complaining and cheating accusations are the worst things a person can do for the game.  Whenever I ask someone if they filmed the sortie when they're squeaking about a "cheater" they always say "NOOOO!" or "It won't make any difference!".

Am I alone here?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: For the complainers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 09:49:48 AM »
film or it didnt happen  :devil

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 09:54:30 AM »
isn't there a squelch for ingame players?

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 10:07:57 AM »
I mean yes but it really doesn't help when you have people that don't want to squelch or don't know how to it is toxic.
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »
I squelch all cats. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 10:40:11 AM »

One player in particular who is a prolific vocal complainer showed up and then most of the other defenders decided to play somewhere else on the map.

Then the player mentioned above started complaining even more and soon found himself to be the lone defender.

It's my strong opinion that excessive complaining and cheating accusations are the worst things a person can do for the game.  Whenever I ask someone if they filmed the sortie when they're squeaking about a "cheater" they always say "NOOOO!" or "It won't make any difference!".

Am I alone here?

I agree. Complaining hurts the game because the newbies don't always know it's self-centered BS and nobody wants to listen to it.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 11:12:31 AM »
Capsbustr is back?
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »
uh oh

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 02:41:45 PM »

Am I alone here?

You are spot on.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 02:50:47 PM »

Am I alone here?

I squelched you and Unklkurt during the Coral Sea event. Not because of complaining, mind you .... you just both like to fill the buffer.

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 03:08:35 PM »
I squelched you and Unklkurt during the Coral Sea event. Not because of complaining, mind you .... you just both like to fill the buffer.

Squelch always worked for me, especially for those play by play babblers who would overfill the buffer or end up making your ears bleed :eek:
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 03:18:35 PM »
If you think it's bad enough to justify intervention from HTC, use the
.report GameID for text or
.vreport GameID for vox.

HTC will intervene if it's bad enough or persistently poisoning the game's environment.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 07:06:13 PM »
If you think it's bad enough to justify intervention from HTC, use the
.report GameID for text or
.vreport GameID for vox.

HTC will intervene if it's bad enough or persistently poisoning the game's environment.

That is what I do.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 12:46:38 PM »

Am I alone here?

I agree, and I sometimes leave an area because I don't enjoy listening to the complainer either, or will squelch.  The other day when I was on there was a new guy on who seemed friendly and communicative.  I tried to offer him some tips.  I also noted another player was typing messages about "why the game was dying".   I think this type of message only contribute to the supposed demise and only serves to discourage new players from sticking around.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 01:32:54 PM »
Squelch always worked for me, especially for those play by play babblers who would overfill the buffer or end up making your ears bleed :eek:

Hey Rokit Joe said you were still kicking, good to see you---i hope the surgery you had went well <S>
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.