Author Topic: Oh Drat..out of objects...  (Read 984 times)

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
Oh Drat..out of objects...
« on: January 01, 2002, 01:46:00 PM »

Drat...  :( 141 fields placed and with placing the HQ's, city's and factories i am out of objects... Guess i have to send HT that bottle of malt scotsch to up the obj limit...

Broes

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2002, 06:44:00 PM »
Too bad Broes

Looking good though!

Start cutting and slashing   :eek:

Now   :rolleyes: what bases do I close down   :(  

Pokie

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2002, 09:25:00 AM »
Looks good.  Turn a few coatal bases into ports for some CV's :)

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2002, 01:23:00 PM »
Thats the plan Skernsk. London, Bergen, Marseille, Odessa, Stockholm, Lissabon and Venice all will be accompanied by a port. However, I am not yet knowledged on the 'build port with CV and make it capturable' part of it.

There is a bug also in 1.08 v6 which makes it impossible to capture fields in offline mode or h2h and this makes testing capturing ports kinda hard. Will be fixed is next update afaik.

Pokie, removing fields would be kinda hard... to have enough Depots and stations to make this thing work I would need to cut HALF the fields  :(

Nah.. think i will try HT's bribe link  ;)

Broes

Offline RabidSquirrel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2002, 12:26:00 AM »
Broes,

Fabolous map mate,but one question,where's Hawkinge at? It's southeast of London. Fighter Ace 2 at www.zone.com  has a free arena called Battle Of Britain. You might wanna check it out to get a better idea of where it would be located on your map. I think you should add Hawkinge to your map,but it's just a suggestion. Hope you look into it.   :)

AH Pilot,
Squirral

P.S. Roma on your map is actually Rome,my father visited there during the Vietnam War. Just one more question,where can I get this map when it's done?  :)

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2002, 07:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by Squirral:
Broes,

Fabolous map mate,but one question,where's Hawkinge at? It's southeast of London. Fighter Ace 2 at www.zone.com  has a free arena called Battle Of Britain. You might wanna check it out to get a better idea of where it would be located on your map. I think you should add Hawkinge to your map,but it's just a suggestion. Hope you look into it.    :)

AH Pilot,
Squirral

P.S. Roma on your map is actually Rome,my father visited there during the Vietnam War. Just one more question,where can I get this map when it's done?   :)

Wel, cities were mostly selected on size. Big cities would almost always get a field. However, area's like the UK, Holland and Germany are so densly populated that it would be overcrowded fieldwise and you would get field only 1 minutes flying apart and that would be bad for game play. I tried to keep fields min. 1 field and max. 2 fields apart. The greatest exceptions being Hamburg/Bremen and Berlin/Leipzig but since these are all important and big cities, especialy during the war, I wouldn't like them out. All Ports will be placed very close to mayor port towns on the map (rock throw distance) so that whomever controls the adjecent city can easily control the port. The same will be done for HQ's, city's and factory's.

The reason I choose to use which name also varied per field. I could have picked the "english"  version of the names (like Venice or Rome) but most of the time I used the original name used in the country itself.
In Italy they call Rome "Roma" as in Romans... Belief me, the Turkish and Russion names were even harder to nail down since I don't have an english atlas at hand, only a dutch one.  :)

You can download the map 'as it is ATM' here.

Europe map

Grtz,

Broes

Offline RabidSquirrel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2002, 04:05:00 PM »
Broes,

Well that is totally understandable. Just can't wait to download it and fly around the map!  :) I can finally do some seriously long range bombing run's!  :) Keep up the excellent work mate,hope to see more map's by you in the near future.   :cool:

AH Pilot,
Squirral

P.S. Thank's for the download link too!!  :D

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2002, 04:56:00 AM »
Broes,
I gave your map a trial run in h2h today (I hope you dont mind ).I got nothing but great comments on it, Bravo !!!
I have a few sugestions though for it . but thats up to u if you like them or not
I think it would help to make the cities at London,Paris,Berlin,and Moscow, Bigger.  
this is a great map for a realistic reinactment of the european battles during WW2.
And it would be nice to have more stuff to bomb at these locations .
I played the room as a team war london against Berlin. first side to bomb the others city.... wins the battle .
I had alot of fun , and id would like to that all that participated in the testing of this fine map.
It would also be cool if the russian  fields were changed to rooks for more realism.
well thats all i have for now .

Sincerly, Roscoroo (owner of Roscoroo's war)  :D
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2002, 12:17:00 PM »
Great idea Ros... To make the cities of the important field really big.... Shouldn't be much of a problem to accomplish this. The downside is however that this would require even more objects  :( This map has reached the 10k objects and it is impossible to add more... I havent even started yet adding depots, railstations, factories, HQ's and the odd object left and right.

The large cities however will definitly be one of my goals with this map. Thanks for the idea!

Broes

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2002, 01:43:00 PM »
its really a bummer running out of objects for this great map .
I guess i'll have to send a brib off too...  :D (wasnt that a case of scotch ?)
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation