Author Topic: Graphics Settings  (Read 625 times)

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Graphics Settings
« on: June 14, 2019, 09:22:17 PM »
Hello All,

It's been awhile since I've flown.  There have been countless updates to Aces High over the past year.  Was wondering what the best settings are these days for VR?  Both in-game graphics settings as well as Nvidia Control Panel.  Can we just leave the Nvidia control panel on (application-controlled) now or do we still need to play with things?  Let me know your settings or what are thought to be 'the best settings'.  Thanks!
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
Re: Graphics Settings
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 12:40:34 AM »
I haven't really had any luck changing any of the nvidia settings, but I haven't went too deep into them. The oculus tray tool app has made a definite improvement. I have asw turned off and super sampling set to 1.3 on it. It will definitely vary on different computers.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 08:59:45 AM »
The only time you have to mess with any settings is when your computer isnt strong enough to handle it all. Use AppControlled and then max everything out in the game. If your frame rates stay steady your all set.

Some people have found by messing with the "oculus tray tool app" that they have gotten a better setup so you might want to do some tweaks there. I havn't tried it yet. 

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 09:42:02 AM »
Hello All,

It's been awhile since I've flown.  There have been countless updates to Aces High over the past year.  Was wondering what the best settings are these days for VR?  Both in-game graphics settings as well as Nvidia Control Panel.  Can we just leave the Nvidia control panel on (application-controlled) now or do we still need to play with things?  Let me know your settings or what are thought to be 'the best settings'.  Thanks!

Smooth frame rate is very important in VR for comfort.  With different resolution headsets, your hardware and personal preferences, everyone will not use the same settings. If you have Win10 and Oculus the Asynchronous Spacewarp 2.0 lets you have a comfortable experience with less than their original target of 90 fps.  This may be part of why the newer Oculus headsets have lower max frame rates.

Your old settings are probably ok, just keep an eye on frame rates if you want to improve the picture.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 11:41:38 AM »
I've noticed that anti-aliasing of all sorts just blurs the distance in AH which is bad for quality and tracking aircraft.  I may try to oculus tool and try supersampling a bit.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 12:26:39 PM »
The DSR setting in nVidia control panel 3D settings seems to be the same thing but I haven't tried it or compared it to the Oculus tool.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 04:21:56 AM »
To my knowledge....the settings you used before are still relevant/ best there is. I havent seen anything to prove otherwise. I will say though...the Rift S makes all these tweaks in standard Rifts obsolete! Its WAY CLEARER on its own! I have no need to adjust a thing as far as Target Acquisition/detail is concerned!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain