Author Topic: This probably isn't a bug with the game, but I could use some help  (Read 789 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
My throttle started responding strangely.  From zero to 50% travel, my engine goes from zero to 100%.  Once my throttle passes 51%, my WEP comes on.  Not what I want.  Calibration and reconfiguring controls doesn't do anything.  Wondering if anyone else has ever seen this.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: This probably isn't a bug with the game, but I could use some help
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 11:13:00 AM »
Check your throttle mapping. Sounds like you have the top third of axis travel set to a button press for WEP.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 11:33:40 AM »
How do I check throttle mapping.  In the game, nothing is mapped.  And it's a cheap set up, can't communicate with the device itself.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 12:23:44 PM »
Go to the clip board options controller mapping. While you're there you can also calibrate.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 04:26:21 PM »
What FLS says sounds right. In map controllers scroll to WEP and cycle your throttle. If it turns green at some point then yes, some point in the travel of the throttle axis is mapped to trigger it.

I'd done that on purpose once when the button I used to toggle WEP started to die. Not having a detent on my throttle I found myself inadvertently running on WEP too much so I use another button.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Force using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 11:11:47 PM »
Ok, so WEP turns green on the clipboard when throttle goes past 50%.  How do I make that not do that.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 11:41:11 PM »
Look for the axis your throttle is on in map controllers. There are settings for each axis at low, mid and high points where something can be assigned. You'll find one of those mapped to WEP. Select nothing instead, click OK and you're good to go.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Force using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 07:50:43 AM »
Thanks all, figured it out.   :rock