Author Topic: none of my business, But  (Read 8737 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
Re: none of my business, But
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2019, 11:56:52 PM »
Openly making the game rely on gambling is a really edgy change (completes the circle as well).

Is it the only way to improve the game?

Let's bet on whether it does?
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2019, 04:31:37 AM »
I wonder if this would cause WoP to fall under various gambling laws, both domestic and foreign.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2019, 08:33:52 AM »
Summary..

People betting on fine arts of ACM, needed to win a dogfight for money.  Like mentioned hundreds of times on these boards, this a niche genre game with a small audience.  You really think people are going to go for this?

Just my opinion, but that will be a flop of thats the route you are going.

Now a small scale battle, where two teams battle to take a base or something, similar to team domination in other games, i could see something there.  Small scale MA gameplay, the matches average times being somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour.

People betting on dogfighting as the sole objective... doubt it.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2019, 02:47:55 PM »
Summary..

People betting on fine arts of ACM, needed to win a dogfight for money.  Like mentioned hundreds of times on these boards, this a niche genre game with a small audience.  You really think people are going to go for this?

Now a small scale battle, where two teams battle to take a base or something, similar to team domination in other games, i could see something there.  Small scale MA gameplay, the matches average times being somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour.

Uhoh Lazer now you gone mentioned small maps, 2 sides and limited gameplay in the same post!!!  Take cover, there will be incoming rounds!!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2019, 04:05:39 PM »
Summary..

Would work great in the match play, then just have a separate DA all together.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2019, 04:08:05 PM »
Then somebody complains about cheating and demands their money back and then someone else does and it's one big not-worth-it mess.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2019, 04:15:46 PM »
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2019, 06:26:03 PM »
I wonder if this would cause WoP to fall under various gambling laws, both domestic and foreign.

Absolutely. Any money making ops will also attract the attention of nefarious players that might start taking a closer look at HTCs code.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2019, 06:58:22 PM »
The link goes to a logo and nothing else.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2019, 07:07:22 PM »
Interesting

https://okletsplay.com/demo

Heh, I wanted to do my own voiceover.

"Jaye refuses your bet, and increases it to $50.  You accept these new terms.  Jaye then turns on his new wall hack/aimbot that was just written 2 days ago and the Valve Anti Cheap hasn't caught up yet.  You get ponaed.  You cry.  Let's bet finds out that Jaye is using a Prepaid Mastercard, and a gamer specific VPN like Mudfish.  Let's bet tells you to get out your tough poop card, as they need to punch it for you.  You then receive an email asking you if you'd like to play/bet again."

Still, so long as nefarious players could be kept out, I could see some players that would like this, as any competitive endeavor changes and becomes more intense once some $ is on the line.  I do wonder about how many guys whine/flip out when they just plain die, then imagine adding losing money into the equation.  Worth a lot of laughs on the forum, if nothing else, should this come to pass.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2019, 09:02:00 PM »
Would work great in the match play, then just have a separate DA all together.

No it wont.. nobody will do it.

Those that come in and are green players get spanked in their first 50 matches, cry hack or whatever when skilled vets kill them.. then they move on, disgruntled.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2019, 11:09:13 PM »
I think Hitech would get more bang for his buck by developing a walkthrough overlay for noobs which shows them how to do everything.   I lost count of how many players I’ve seen stuck at the spawn firing their guns into the air or ground looped off the side of the runway doing the same.   They can’t type.   They can’t talk.   They’re utterly lost and after a few minutes they disappear for good. 

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2019, 11:12:20 PM »
I think Hitech would get more bang for his buck by developing a walkthrough overlay for noobs which shows them how to do everything.   I lost count of how many players I’ve seen stuck at the spawn firing their guns into the air or ground looped off the side of the runway doing the same.   They can’t type.   They can’t talk.   They’re utterly lost and after a few minutes they disappear for good.

Agreed. I think he is just wasting time on another idea that isn't going to help the game in any way..... much like the time spent in making the stars in the sky right  :rolleyes:

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2019, 07:19:02 AM »

+1

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2019, 07:44:15 AM »
I lost count of how many players I’ve seen stuck at the spawn firing their guns into the air or ground looped off the side of the runway doing the same.   They can’t type.   They can’t talk.   They’re utterly lost and after a few minutes they disappear for good.

I was one of those new players, but I stuck it out.  Took me a good couple weeks of playing offline before I had the stones to enter the main arena again.  And even then, I was basically cannon fodder for a good year or so.  Took me almost a full year before I could shoot down more than one plane in a sortie.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.