Author Topic: Ok side assignments one more time (looky here).  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Ok side assignments one more time (looky here).
« on: April 29, 2019, 02:59:06 PM »
https://ahevents.net/index.php/fso-view-side-assignments

I had an issue with the screen on this when editing and it was hard to read it. Sorry about that.  :)

...ok so that looks to be the final side split.  :salute
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Ok side assignments one more time (looky here).
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »
I apologize if this comes across as hostile, but this is not any better than before. It's actually worse.

Yes, you fixed my original problem and moved KN rightfully to the Axis - thank you for this.

However, you made the exact same mistake. This time you moved the 346th to the Allies despite the fact that they also requested Axis this month - as evidenced by their aircraft preferences. There were only 3 squads who entered axis planes as preference, therefore proving that they updated for May: 364th, Kommando Nowotny, and Pigs on the Wing. These squads should get priority seating on the Axis. Move the guys genually do not have a preference or who don't care enough to update their info.

Also, the side numbers are imbalanced now, whereas they were fine the first time. And you omitted a Frame 2 CiC for the Axis.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 03:46:07 PM »
Gimme a few to finish it off Devil...i'm working on it while you are replying...I should have waited before I posted. 

...No less than 11 squads requested Axis out of 18. So I'm doing what I can.  :salute
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:57:03 PM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 03:51:41 PM »
Roger that, Squire.  :salute
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 04:01:01 PM »
No problem...that why we have a BBS...it's not the first time we almost went to print and then somebody says "wait a minute that's just a big pile of poo!" and I say "oh...hang on..."  :D
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 08:21:38 PM »
I just don't get it!   

Who runs FSO?   

"Moved rightfully to Axis"?   

It's been pretty obvious every time you balk about an issue you get what you want Devil.   However this time, I am sorry to say it comes across and total arrogance, that was my first thought this morning when I read the original side assignments post. Yea, I laughed my assets off, but at the same time I knew you would get your way.

Sadly FSO is about to the point where picking a ride and side preference is about useless.   Squire states no less than 11 of 18 squads REQUESTED AXIS.    What does that tell you?  You have to know why that is.....  I am pretty sure most do, Perd does apparently.

Now how about the 412th,  they got switched around after specifically requesting AXIS initially,  and your reply to Nef's post in the other thread made ZERO sense, it came across as you chastising him and about  updating rides and side pref, when according to Nef,  that was exactly what he did to begin with.

With what seems to be more and more DEDICATED squads involved in FSO, or maybe it's less non dedicated squads,  you have to realize that it leaves squads with little ability to get their preference anymore. They could beg for it, but that doesn't mean they are going to get it.  So maybe in a way, you just showed us all how to overcome that issue.... DEMAND!!

The upcoming setups for May, June, and July  have P-40 and B-25 written all over them. August will most likely be Battle of Britian, so Hurri 1's  and Spit 1's.  Hmmm 

So as I see it, G3-MF will have at least 7 straight months Allied. Last I checked we were NOT a "dedicated" squad.   Used to be in FSO there was a time you were rotated at least once every 3-4 months like it or not.   Just another feature of FSO that has been lost.

My logic anymore concerning sides and rides is simple.   Plan on always being allied, even though I HATE red star planes, that is just a reality. 

That said, when I see a setup that WOWS me, and I want a switch.....  We should get it, as should anyone else who rolls with the flow to do their part of being an team player so all involved get to enjoy their Friday nights even when they know they are the underdog.

:salute

JDOG
G3-MF

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 08:40:07 PM »
Gorram Axis whiners. I'll take your Allied ride. I'll be your huckleberry. It's only a game, not a sport with a cash prize.  :D

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 08:49:22 PM »
Sometimes its a case as well of not knowing how much a squad wants a side. Often they don't care really strongly but this time they do. I have looked again at the past assignments and made another adjustment. It's the last one. Objectives coming out. 

...It is a fair complaint if you have been on one side for a long time and you request Allied or Axis that that should be a strong consideration. Again...it helps to air it out if you have a gripe. Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes no.  :salute
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 08:59:02 PM »
Squire,

There was zero need to move us.   I was fine with our assignment, if it came across differently that is my bad and I am sorry.   Put whoever you moved back to Axis.  Had I wanted Axis, I would have put in for it.

Maybe next month.

Hows the post count doing Arlo?    :rolleyes:

:salute

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »
Hows the post count doing Arlo?    :rolleyes:

I gave up counting 18k back. Oh, who am I kidding? Counting posts is rather stupid. How's yours?  :aok

Go Allies! Beat the Axis! For history's sake.  :D

Offline Squire

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 09:09:08 PM »
No in all fairness both you and the 412th should be Axis. The setup will be fine.

I will say that yes, we need to remember that a side request is a request...we do what we need to get it done and sometimes that's taking a side you don't want. Dedicated Axis squads have a few time in the past been moved Allied.

I glitched the first one re the weird template I had...then I underestimated some genuine requests and also some squads that had been one side for a long time that requested a move I didn't see it. So...mainly just me muddling through it...I always delay the objective to see if any big problems arise...its ok to have a purse fight once in awhile...its going to happen at some point.  :salute
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 09:24:28 PM »
Seriously, though, the FSO team works tirelessly to make this work. I may have preferences (yes, I'm an old fashioned Allied worshiper) but I actually appreciate dedicated axis flyers. It makes it possible for there to be dedicated Allied flyers (in spite of the fact that VF-17 seems to want to be JG 17 when German rides come into play - what's up with that?). It's the whining and lack of appreciation I don't care for, especially when it begins to snowball into a dog-pile (I love to mix metaphors).

Give the Axis requesters what they want, I say. Bless them for doing it. But .... suck it up, Heidi. :salute :cheers:

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 10:57:25 PM »
J500ss and Arlo, you both fail to see the reasoning behind my posts today.

There is a long standing problem I have voiced on several occasions over the handling of side splits and the laissez-faire attitude that some C.O. manage their squads. The concerns I have voiced have gone unanswered, (Funny that you think I always get what I wish. It is not so.) and this morning those problems resulted appearing to be the only squad placed against it's request. So yeah, I was mad, to say the least. Sill mad to a degree because this could have been avoided.

That is what I referred to in my reply to Nef. That was not a snide comment mocking the fact that he too had his squad placed against his wishes. I was simply referring to a problem I raised when he ran the CM team and it could have been addressed anytime between then and now. And we both got shafted in the first instance of the side splits because of it. If he thought I was being snarky at his or the 412th's expense, then I apologize, as that was not my intent.

Squire says there were 11 squads who requested Axis, but how are we to know? I have mentioned before that I would like to see in the table what side was actually requested by the squads when the tables are posted. Why is that important to me? So that we know that the side spits are handled fairly and so that we know which squads are run by guys who care enough to review their commitment levels and make their preferences. If all the squads had indeed been updated and I knew that their status was up to date, then there would not have been a peep from me today.

To reiterate what I mentioned earlier today, I could only tell that 3 squads who requested Axis and actually updated for May - KN, 364th, and the Pigs. I also knew for a fact that 2 squads placed on the Axis did not update for May because their ride preferences had planes from past months. Both of those squads are consider themselves "Dedicated Axis" and their commitment level is the same as KN's. So again, how can anyone justify placing KN on the Allies over these other 2 squads? My C.O. cared enough to update our preferences and they did not. So I view the initial placement of KN on the Allies as unjust and my request to be moved to the Axis as indeed "rightful". If you think I'm being arrogant - well, that just your opinion, man.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 10:59:23 PM by Devil 505 »
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 11:20:16 PM »
- well, that just your opinion, man.

Points for the partial Lebowski quote.  :D I hope this all works out to your satisfaction.  :cheers:

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2019, 11:41:56 PM »
Points for the partial Lebowski quote.  :D I hope this all works out to your satisfaction.  :cheers:

And kudos for the Firefly reference you made earlier.  :aok

Ideally, I want to see all the squads who actually updated for May get placed according to their wishes. The others can be placed wherever.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com