Author Topic: Next skin batch?  (Read 20230 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Next skin batch?
« Reply #255 on: September 09, 2023, 05:47:38 AM »
The submission site issue has been resolved so we should be good to go for this batch as soon as Hitech gets time to process them.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #256 on: September 09, 2023, 07:29:10 AM »
 :aok

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #257 on: September 09, 2023, 08:31:34 AM »
excellent, thanks Greebo.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2023, 03:51:46 AM »
Just a heads up to say I'll do the next review on Monday 2nd October.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2023, 12:58:34 AM »
Greebo, can you hold off on submitting this batch until Tuesday? I need to finish a 190.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2023, 01:44:10 AM »
No problem, Tuesday it is.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2023, 02:49:03 AM »
I have done the monthly skins review but ran into the same "Directory Read Error" problem as last time, this time with four of Blade's Spit 9 skins and one of Vraciu's P-38Ls. The P-38L affected was one I had rejected earlier in the month at Vraciu's request due to a submission error and that he had then resubmitted. Blade had requested I do something similar for a Spit 9 submission the previous month.

Because of this I will no longer reject submissions prior to the monthly review as it seems to be the root cause of this problem. If a skinner makes a submission error then I will at his request either reject the skin at the end of the month during the review so he can resubmit the skin the following month or I'll accept it and they can update the skin to correct the error the following month.

So please double check everything prior to submission, you have been warned.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #262 on: October 03, 2023, 12:40:49 PM »
So, how does this get fixed?   I have to wait until the batch gets released then resubmit?   Mine had that header error so if approved initially it would have been yellow.   :cool:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 12:42:22 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2023, 02:12:33 AM »
I've let Hitech know about the problem but don't know when or if he is going to be able to fix it.

If someone submits a skin with a minor error, a slightly incorrect marking for example, then the best bet would be to let me accept it and then the skinner can update the skin next month after Hitech has processed the batch. For a major mistake that would make the skin look horrible then maybe get me to reject it at the end of the month and then resubmit after Hitech's processed the batch. My hope is that Hitech processing the skins each month will reset the issue although I am not even sure of that. So ideally for now I'd rather not reject skins unless I absolutely have to, its not the end of the world to have one bad looking skin in the game for a month.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #264 on: October 04, 2023, 08:20:50 AM »
Fair enough.  Many thanks. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2023, 02:37:16 AM »
A quick update on the directory error issue that has delayed the last skin batch being processed. Hitech has fixed the issue that stopped me reviewing Vraciu's P-38 skin and this has now been reviewed successfully. However the problem with Blade's four Spitfire skins is still a mystery so Hitech has deleted the submissions from the server. Once Blade has resubmitted these I will review them and we should be good to go to get the batch processed.

If anyone has a skin not yet submitted please do so ASAP to get it included in the batch.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2023, 08:58:11 AM »
Blade has now resubmitted his skins. I will let Hitech know this tomorrow though to give everyone else some time to submit their skins today.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2023, 09:04:14 AM »
Blade has now resubmitted his skins. I will let Hitech know this tomorrow though to give everyone else some time to submit their skins today.

Why not wait until after the weekend? We've missed most of October already. No need to rush now. Let's just have a normal timetable for a November release.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2023, 10:18:38 AM »
OK, I can do a review on Wednesday 1st November as normal if everyone's happy with that.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2023, 10:20:39 AM »
I've got a couple skins in the current batch, but won't have anything else ready to submit until next cycle.   I'm OK with waiting until November 1st, but a release now may help Hitech test his fix?   That may be important too.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 10:23:15 AM by oboe »