Author Topic: Why bother?  (Read 26434 times)

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
Re: Why bother?
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2019, 09:21:32 PM »
left not hardly i still do FSO but MA play time is pretty much 0 anymore. and you can call BS all you like dont change the the fact i spend 90% of my time chasing if im on.
G3-MF

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2019, 09:32:05 PM »
What is it you fly? What is it you won't? Plane-wise. There is a way you can have the red guys fly to you.  :old:

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2019, 09:40:31 PM »
i fly the F6F Arlo
G3-MF

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2019, 09:43:34 PM »
A question I ask a lot at present

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2019, 09:53:55 PM »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »
left not hardly i still do FSO but MA play time is pretty much 0 anymore. and you can call BS all you like dont change the the fact i spend 90% of my time chasing if im on.

maybe because perhaps i dont.  i dont play as much as i used to but then again i have fun.  just the other day i won the war all by myself, well not really but I have fun thinking that lol.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2019, 02:03:06 AM »
I think the real reason many left is not the runners but suddenly finding as the numbers dropped off after 2009, their real skill had been picking kills out of the large numbers before 2009. As the numbers dwindled, people ran from each other becasue those who stood and fought, towered them and rubbed their faces in their lack of ability without numbers to hide behind. Almost all air combat in the game today is based on trying to have alt and numbers or numbers in close proximity near the ground to keep smaller numbers at a disadvantage and not trying to go for their throat. POTW goes for the throat whatever we do and ends up with hoards where ever we start breaking things. None of us have ran away to WoT or other competitors, were have just gotten meaner and tower red guys as our reason for being in the MA.

I'm going to bet most of the players who ran away to other games could not make it work majority of their time in the MA trying to be a lone wolf hero. POTW towers people like Biggamer a lot when we are in the MA for squad sport. We used to wipe out the DickWeed bomber missions for sport on Tuesday nights with massed 262, now they stay out of our country for some reason.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2019, 02:40:23 AM »
Bustr everyone of your posts come off as potw chest thumping. Often with no relevance to the OP thread.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2019, 02:54:04 AM »
what bustr is trying to say in his own way is that when we fly together we have no problem finding fights.  heck i logged in today and only 4 pigs online, still managed to get some kills.  even  3 or 4 rooks manged to fly with goon about 2 sectors while bishops were busy trying to take rook fields we were defending.  we took 5 or 6 bishop bases inside their territory.

I dont think pigs are unique in this area.  lots of other rooks, knights and bishops were able to find fights and have fun.

semp

as for the dickweeds their squad night as 1 hour later than hours.  we have been known to fly 4 or 5 sectors to find them.  we dont pick on them, we just know that when we find them it will be a good fight. if they're coming towards us we will fight them on the way in and on the way out.  they know that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:58:00 AM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2019, 09:56:58 AM »
I don't runaway, I die a hell of a lot, my aim absolutely sucks all that's ok.  The three things that irritate me are the vulching, the HOing, and the ganging.
Pies not kicks.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2019, 10:56:31 AM »
The real reason is because the MA is a dog eat dog atmosphere. If you 'fight' at the wrong time, you get jumped by another 4 who are also itching for that kill. If you blink incorrectly, you have 3 enemies on your 6 outa no where. People compensate (naturally) by flying faster planes with bigger guns. This makes the MA incredibly challenging. Literally .001% of the players would give you a 1v1 with their friendlies hanging around. Being fast is the single greatest advantage to stay alive. Now, when you have to fly 7 minutes to a field only to hope a con or 2 will roll, or you get blown away by manned ack in the first 3 minutes you get there, sortie is over and you have to fly another 7-10 minutes. In gaming world, that's a long time. This also means players want to stay alive longer in their sorties which leads to timid flying. Flying with a squad, especially as a new guy, is extremely beneficial. Extremely.

I would always try to avoid HOs at all times. I suck at HOing and die 90% of the time I try... Don't do it. People are desperate for kills and will literally do ANYTHING, instead gain the advantage on the Merge by avoiding the HO and then doing immelman around them. You will always get the jump on them because you get your nose up before them.

I think the smaller maps have been much more beneficial for #s. NDsiels actually had a good amount of players on last week, big and tuff fights.

Really the key to better your game is to learn defensive maneuvers so that you can evade and counter cons jumping your 6. This way, if a pesky BnZer overshoots, you can wack them on the overshoot. Yucca is very good at that. 

It does get tiring when you have to climb to 15K every sortie and Chase P51s and 190Ds and La7s and Yak3s, but that's sometimes the name of the game. I think with smaller maps and closer bases, the alt monkeys will be less. If you get the players into a fight more quickly. It gives them less time to gain alt before they get to the fight and makes the action slightly quicker. They could also roll from a back base. But keeping fights close is really the key.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:58:36 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2019, 12:49:26 PM »
I'm making a point about the MA of today versus the MA of yore used as the paragon of days gone by for the mood music in complaints. Most of the complainers today are trying to play lone wolf and failing. Then come in here and start posts like this telling Hitech he has screwed his own game becasue of x,y,z. Or, the same whine, in today's low numbers environment you can't play lone wolf and dazzle the rubes anymore unless you HO and run and never fight. The OP's have in common being stuck in the past and playing that way in the present MA while blaming it all on Hitech.

As for POTW examples, we have fun and always have fun especially if we decide to notice atlau or lone wolf players like him and make their evening, week or, tour unhappy. As a squad we have the ability to make our fun and be happy versus trying to play the game like it's still 2009 or alone at home in front of a consol showing off for the rubes against the dungeon boss's. Then lie to ourselves and blame Hitech for how everyone else plays in the MA instead of looking at how our own choice of play style is really working in today's MA.

You might not be a redneck(ACM Gauwd) if you ain't got the ACM god gave YUCCA. So maybe it's time to stop asking people to hold yer beer and handing yer head to the first three guys you meet every night. It was funny the first few times but, now mostly we feel sorry for the three guys. Heeers yur sign.................

Years ago when POTW started, being ACM guawds was never important to having our fun in the MA. It still isn't but, none of our pigs are sissy lone wolf back shooters like we hunt down and tower these days. And if we get into a 1 versus the whole dang country, we don't whine about it here in the forums or ch200. We just keep having POTW fun for our $14.95.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »
congrats bustr you need a hoard to hide behind to do anything. bragging you need 12 to 15 people to tower someone LOL
G3-MF

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2019, 02:36:00 PM »
your right bustr pigs are only full of ego filled players and need a hoard to do anything because junky is the only one who can hold his own. tell me something i dont already know now please

i guess i should have said a hand full of the pigs have egos and not all most are pretty laid back and cool cats. but bustr semp junky just try to trigger people for a response
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:59:50 PM by Biggamer »
G3-MF

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2019, 02:51:53 PM »
Thats the thing with this community they think nothing is wrong with the game. they think its the players no this game has not changed and that was its down fall and everytime anyone suggest anything they are eat up for it. and after awhile they see no change and only continue to be nagged at for every suggestion.

while all you guys set here and defend the no change everyone is leaving.  WoT 4 am US central server 24,954 players thats not counting EU RU south america servers keep on telling your selfs there is no problem i found a back up game before this one goes under its only a matter of time how its still going now i dont know other then there is alot of people paying and not playing.  and this thread like all jsut like ti has already gone off the rails and im done posting here because it a waste of time. as long as you guys are having fun screw everyone else.
G3-MF