Author Topic: Attention ON DECK!!, Attention ON DECK!!  (Read 1052 times)

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
Attention ON DECK!!, Attention ON DECK!!
« on: May 21, 2019, 08:05:30 AM »

This is LtCOL SAAM I AM, Commanding Officer
VMF-70 BlackSheep Tactical Fighters Wing.

This is an open call for pilots.
RE: ACES Leagues VR Dogfighting Esports

I am looking for skilled Aces to join me as we give Esports its wings!! If you want to take your skill to the next level. If you want to be the pioneers of this epic disruption that Aces Leagues is about to bring to the Esports nation, then hit me up and lets see what you got.
Open try outs begin today. see below for details. For more info, dm me and lets chat.

ACES LEAGUES open trials:
Game - WAR ONLINE PACIFIC
When- 5/21/19 - 5/25/2019 12:00PM PST, 7PM PST, 11PM PST
Mode - Free for all, team battle 2v2, 4v4, Battle Royal

Here's how it will run. At 12pm each day.  Each trials session will run for 2 hours. I will be in the free for all skies shooting down bots waiting for any of you that wish to join the session. If and when we gather 4 to 6 players in free for all, I will back out and enter team deathmatch and wait for you to follow. We will rotate between Allied and Axis planes so I can fly both with and against each participant. Your ability will be evaluated in several categories. After all sessions have ended, the results will privately messaged to you.
We are going to fill a minimum 6 squadrons of minimum 8 pilots each. When we fill all spots, Aces Leagues explode on to the scene in the VR League with WAR ONLINE PACIFIC.
Shoot me down or get shot down..

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
Re: Attention ON DECK!!, Attention ON DECK!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:53:31 PM »
Why is this announcement in "all things vr"?
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 03:06:30 PM »
I hope you get a good turnout. Most of the pilots in AH prefer the stalls and blackouts in Aces High to the easier flight model and computer sight in WO:P. I think WO:P is fun and taking attention away from maximizing turn rate lets you focus on ACM but ACM is easier than max turn rate so it levels the field you want to sort. So I would argue that Aces High is a better venue for competitive fighting.  :D

If you want to check out the differences the training arena is free and so is the WW1 arena, which I think is the best flying you can do in VR. 

He plays WO:P in VR. WO:P doesn't have a forum.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 08:19:35 PM »
+1 to the ww2 for vr. It's a blast

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 09:59:18 AM »
Just downloaded it out of curiosity.
It does not detect my HTC Vive Pro and does not offer me a VR option.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 10:25:13 AM »
+1 to the ww2 for vr. It's a blast

Sorry meant ww1. Vr really enhances its feel due to the slow speed low level fights

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »
If you want to check out the differences the training arena is free and so is the WW1 arena, which I think is the best flying you can do in VR. 

Hitech said he currently plans to keep WWI: Western Front in the free area as well.

And I agree.  It is hard to beat WWI in VR.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 11:35:12 AM »

Because the tryouts are for War Online Pacific VR for entry into esports through the VR League.
Also I could not find any WOP related threads in these forums.

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 11:51:09 AM »
I hope you get a good turnout. Most of the pilots in AH prefer the stalls and blackouts in Aces High to the easier flight model and computer sight in WO:P. I think WO:P is fun and taking attention away from maximizing turn rate lets you focus on ACM but ACM is easier than max turn rate so it levels the field you want to sort. So I would argue that Aces High is a better venue for competitive fighting.  :D

He plays WO:P in VR. WO:P doesn't have a forum.

WOP does have a forum, it's just empty.. lol
I agree with you regarding the competitive abilities being broader in AH but with that comes a steeper learning curve. As this project is 2 fold in its efforts, a.) introduce a new genre into the esports ecosystem and b.) draw more players into the incredible immersive experience of dogfighting I found WOP more suitable. Here is why. For hard core flight combat gamers like you and I, AH comes second nature and can easily adapt to the mechanical parameters of control and very quickly become competitive. For the average player or new player, War Online Pacific offers a platform that any player of any skill level can enter and compete very quickly. I find WOP to have the perfect mix of sim/arcade and great game speed.
Also, a player can start the game, choose his plane hit ready and instantly find himself in flight hunting the enemy. Ace Combat is a great example of sim/arcade fusion.
I personally enjoy WOP slightly more than AH3 because of those items you mentioned being omitted. For these reasons the creative ability of the pilot becomes more a factor in competitive play. Hope to fly against and with you boys today.. (if you have vr)
 The big roadblock for flight games in esports has always been the "follow player" and game speed. I feel WOP VR is the perfect introduction to esports and ACES Leagues is going to pioneer that trail..

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 11:53:27 AM »

I had that issue originally. Download it through steam. Then while in your htc, open steam (not steam vr) and open WOP from steam ( it should give you the option to start in htc vr or steam vr). Choose open in htc vr.

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 11:55:17 AM »
Hitech said he currently plans to keep WWI: Western Front in the free area as well.

And I agree.  It is hard to beat WWI in VR.

CaptTrips, can you hook me up a link to WF? I cant find it. Come on over to WOP today after 12pm PST and lets blow some toejam up!!

Semper Fi

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 12:01:18 PM »
CaptTrips, can you hook me up a link to WF? I cant find it. Come on over to WOP today after 12pm PST and lets blow some toejam up!!

Semper Fi

Sorry bro.  I would, but I got that whole day job thing going.  :D

If you download and install Aces High III (You can download free in Steam) WWI: Western Front is one of the listed arenas on the first tab.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 12:14:30 PM »

Did you get the Steam version?

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 12:58:04 AM »
Got it. Launches fine from library in steam.
Will be uninstalling tho. No interest in this.
AH3 is fantastic, especially in VR with HTC Vive Pro.
The eye candy is waaaaaay better in IL2 Sturmovic, but it is not persistent world with no Australian servers and single player is very boring.