Author Topic: Yak3 Drag modelling  (Read 19988 times)

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
Re: Yak3 Drag modelling
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2019, 03:17:18 AM »

Not just Yak-3 pilots......I've seen numerous instances, pretty much all planes, but only certain pilots, whose planes go bonkers when you get saddled up on their six, and close in........then you overshoot and look back and they are rock steady, fully in control.......I wish, somehow, stick stirrers or whatever is happening, would see their planes suffer from the gyrations you see on the screen.......saw a 109G-6 do a tumbling act when I was closing in, enough so that I had to choose between spray-n-pray or pull up to avoid the collision, then looked back and he was rock steady and now on MY six............just my two cents.......

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2019, 01:06:56 PM »

Yes but thats has nothing to do with limiting planes or forcing players to fly this or that.

Shuff,remember fighter town map?  3 bases near the lake and everyone mixed it up in the center.Sort of like the old dueling arena but it was a map in rotation.

HTC might consider something like this to cut down on flight times and concentrate the action.

I'll shut up now as I still havent returned yet from my leave.

:salute

That was fun
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2019, 02:35:42 AM »

Yes but thats has nothing to do with limiting planes or forcing players to fly this or that.

Shuff,remember fighter town map?  3 bases near the lake and everyone mixed it up in the center.Sort of like the old dueling arena but it was a map in rotation.

HTC might consider something like this to cut down on flight times and concentrate the action.

Redo the base layout for Buzzsaw and do something like that in the middle, only make one base in the middle at 8k which is "death mountain" and both other teams have to try to take it for advantage. Who ever won the last map starts off with the 8k base...The base layout is a joke on the map and the #s prove it.

BTW- the match play needs to go back to a simple time, a small land base furball island similar to the DA lake would be really great. All green guys, air spawns. BOOM. (land is better than lake). The Match play is still not user friendly. Not fun for furballing unless you want to fight 6 ai planes. All of my fights end up getting interrupted by a 3rd guy when I 1v1. like.... UGH. The AI planes should fly like normal planes, and perhaps attack each other too... Its tough to get ganged by 4 planes including a ww1 plane that is buzzing your prettythang the entire time. That is just too tough for noobs. I dont really understand why it's so hard to have a simple FFA on a small map for people to have quick fighter action...a quick action simple furball arena is really the best way. Infact, im willing to bet the old DA style where you had to check to fight each other would do much better than the current quagmire thats going on now in Match play. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2019, 10:32:04 AM »

I always thought HTC got rid of that map due to the issues of players griefing and complaining. Fighter guys hated that the bomb****s would drop the hangers at FT. Win the war guys would complain that FT was taking away players that could help win the war. Some win the war guys would take the FT bases because no one defended them, they were just interested in fighting. Fighter would complain about the PT boats under the fights picking off the lower guys.

I think HTC just got tired of listening to the complaints and just scrapped it.

The Yak while not as dominating as the C-hog was when it came out is one of those planes that you see all the time. Spit16 and Yaks. Players get tired of fighting the same planes over and over especially if they have trouble fighting these uber planes. Just another reason players leave.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2019, 07:12:16 AM »
I always thought HTC got rid of that map due to the issues of players griefing and complaining. Fighter guys hated that the bomb****s would drop the hangers at FT. Win the war guys would complain that FT was taking away players that could help win the war. Some win the war guys would take the FT bases because no one defended them, they were just interested in fighting. Fighter would complain about the PT boats under the fights picking off the lower guys.

I think HTC just got tired of listening to the complaints and just scrapped it.

The Yak while not as dominating as the C-hog was when it came out is one of those planes that you see all the time. Spit16 and Yaks. Players get tired of fighting the same planes over and over especially if they have trouble fighting these uber planes. Just another reason players leave.

Fugitive just listed what I like about buzz map. Different strokes for different folks

On the yak 3, I can can saddle up on just about anybody in it but can't hit anything (I've always been a bad shot in ah) and run out of ammo quickly. Avoid one in a fight for a few minutes and they run out bullets. The eny seems ok to me.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2019, 12:21:16 PM »
Fugitive just listed what I like about buzz map. Different strokes for different folks

On the yak 3, I can can saddle up on just about anybody in it but can't hit anything (I've always been a bad shot in ah) and run out of ammo quickly. Avoid one in a fight for a few minutes and they run out bullets. The eny seems ok to me.

All it takes is 2-4 20mms and it's over. Just because it's hard for you to aim, doesn't make the plane any less of a monster. Being able to "saddle up on just about anybody" is a huge advantage that most planes do not have. It's like a 109K only easier to aim with a 20mm. That makes it far more deadly. There's a reason why it's so much more successful in the MA than a K4.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2019, 09:04:41 AM »
The problem is that 2-4 20mm on a Yak-3 is not even close to hurt it unlike other fighters.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2019, 08:06:40 AM »

Bk105 overheated at low altitude
-Caldera

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2019, 02:53:26 PM »
Could have run it through a Russian OCR translator instead of treating your audience this poorly while supporting your point.

Multiple checks found that at
 'the temperature of the outside air near the earth, equal to - {15 ° С, which
 Torah is average for our latitudes, the temperature
 water in horizontal flight at maximum speed
 when the damper is set to
 "Downstream", does not exceed 100 ° C, and oil at the same
 conditions 110'C.  For the motor VK-105 IF, the maximum
 allowable temperatures have, as you know, the following
 value: water 110 ° C, 'oil 115 ° C for 5 minutes and
 1102 C for 10 minutes.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #204 on: August 31, 2019, 07:28:27 PM »
The Yak-3 flight manual in french :

https://nicoleon.pagesperso-orange.fr/Manuel_Yak-3.pdf

At an altitude of 2000 m switch on the second supercharging speed. Do not let the water temperature above 115 ° C for more than 5min. When the water and oil temperatures are above the permissible limits, the engine speed can be reduced to 2550 rpm
The maximum oil temperature without time limit shall not exceed 110 ° C

Then something I do not see in AH Yak-3's reincarnation :

The dive is allowed on all plates, with or without gas, up to a maximum recovery speed of 650 km / h. To ensure that the exit speed does not exceed 650 km / h, start straightening stitched at 45-60 ° at a speed of less than 620-630 km / h, for an angle of 70-80 ° - at 600 km / h shown at maximum. To straighten, whatever the speed, pull the handle without shot.
To pull the handle too hard at high speed generates significant load factors, at low speed the plane swings on the wing and can go into a spin.

They easy follow you 450-500mph - 400mph is the max at 45-60 degree angle, and 370mph at 80-90 deg angle.

-Caldera

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2019, 11:41:33 PM »
I don't think anybody here has flown a real Yak-3 so whether or not it is "overmodeled" is not really resolvable. However, that said, it is a weird bland aeroplane with about as much personality as a turnip. It is the plane I hate the most and when I have tried flying it I feel like I am in a video game, (oh, wait.) It's only weakness as far as I can tell is that it doesn't have Hispano's or a lot of bullets. Pro pilots may disagree. It is substantially faster than a top of the line Spitfire and seems even easier to fly and faster to rebuild energy. It is a dirty dirty plane. Worse than the LA-7
seen one up close, built like a John deer tractor! Can’t see how that air tank can retain energy and turn etc like it foes in game. Fast as a pony, turns like a Zehe and accelerates like.. ka7 or ki84
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2020, 04:52:49 AM »
In War Thunder it's an aircraft of limited usefulness because of the dive speed. It rips apart at 683 km/h. Otherwise it is pretty much like in AH.