Author Topic: Yak3 Drag modelling  (Read 20353 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Yak3 Drag modelling
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2019, 11:15:21 AM »
Maybe not to those on the sidelines, but it is... to those who play the game and find that this plane is unaffected by ENY.

How do the Yak 3 pilots feel about that? Are they all complaining too or have they found a way to enjoy themselves?

Stating you know better because you are more intelligent, knowledgeable and have more experience is considered my most as arrogance. Yet recent and 1st hand experience is dismissed. Weird.

Just going by the evidence. BTW You keep misquoting me, you said "more", I didn't. You did that to make me sound arrogant. That's dishonest.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2019, 11:34:57 AM »
Then you are implying that their opinion is invalid because they aren't knowledgeable and intelligent yet you are?

I bet most yak3 pilots know very well that the yak3 ENY is high. Not seeing too many yak pilots saying it's a tough plane to fly. Again you may want to check out the MA

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2019, 12:03:19 PM »
Blow. Hard.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2019, 02:02:16 PM »
Then you are implying that their opinion is invalid because they aren't knowledgeable and intelligent yet you are?

Don't be silly. It was an appropriate response to this:

Maybe if you are blind and don't really play the game....

Don't drag it out of context.

This was beaten to death in another thread already. If you don't like an ENY setting that's fine. If you think it's ruining the game that's unlikely. If it makes you unhappy think of the happy Yak 3 pilots. You never seem to care how they feel.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:14:28 PM by FLS »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2019, 05:45:59 PM »
Don't be silly. It was an appropriate response to this:

Don't drag it out of context.

This was beaten to death in another thread already. If you don't like an ENY setting that's fine. If you think it's ruining the game that's unlikely. If it makes you unhappy think of the happy Yak 3 pilots. You never seem to care how they feel.

Most people don't enjoy fighting the same easy planes over and over again, and many don't want to stoop to that level to have to compete, therefore many players dont return because they have to constantly fight planes that give players the easy advantage of skirting the fight when they get in trouble. Boring gameplay of chasing runners  has consequences that do effect the game and #s overall. The fastest planes in the game have the best advantage overall and their ENY should reflect that. Too many shark planes make it harder for noobs to succeed even if they get to fly them too. A vet in a Yak3 is a noobs worst nightmare even if that noob can fly one too.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2019, 05:01:21 AM »
You want to encourage fighting by limiting a popular fighter.  :D

So what about the Yak 3 pilots? Too bad for them? It's only a little limit?

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2019, 06:43:13 AM »
You want to encourage fighting by limiting a popular fighter.  :D

So what about the Yak 3 pilots? Too bad for them? It's only a little limit?

Dude I thought you were intelligent, knowledgeable and experienced. Nobody is saying ban the yak3. Just make the   ENY match its abilities. The 51d, spit16, la7 become limited when your side has numerical advantages. Why should the yak3 be different? Why should its eny be higher than the other "pure" fighters that it outperforms in the MA environment (spit 14, 47m, k4, 152 etc)? I dont want to take away your ability to fly the yak3, just prevent people from hording in a yak3 just like with other LW monster to prevent the fights from getting too imbalanced. And in your case since you dont fly in the MA you can still fly in match play or offline. The 190d9 which I sometimes fly should also be adjusted for the same reasons.

Actually let me back up... you do understand the difference between ENY and perk cost right?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 07:10:59 AM by atlau »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2019, 09:02:05 AM »
Let me explain something to you. The word 'limiting' does not mean ban. In this case it refers to increasing the ENY value, which is what you seek, in order to LIMIT the use of the Yak 3.

This is a good example of how I say something simple that you agree with and the response is to insult me and get it totally wrong.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2019, 10:37:42 AM »
Let me explain something to you. The word 'limiting' does not mean ban. In this case it refers to increasing the ENY value, which is what you seek, in order to LIMIT the use of the Yak 3.

This is a good example of how I say something simple that you agree with and the response is to insult me and get it totally wrong.

Ok since you win the discussion on the precision of the language involved (feel better?) Let's address the main argument. Tell me why you think its ENY is appropriate...explain to me why the yak shouldn't be limited like the other aircraft with similar or worse capabilities? Or you just know better without offering a counterpoint to it's high usage rates and kill ratio.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 10:39:50 AM by atlau »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2019, 01:04:47 PM »
You've been rude and abusive. I decline your request.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2019, 03:54:27 PM »
You've been rude and abusive. I decline your request.

Yet you're more than willing to debate semantics.. limit vs ban vs control etc.

Keep evading offering logical reasons for your position buddy. Calling you out isn't the same as being abusive.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 04:52:20 PM by atlau »

Online Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2019, 05:22:37 PM »
Ok since you win the discussion on the precision of the language involved (feel better?) Let's address the main argument. Tell me why you think its ENY is appropriate...explain to me why the yak shouldn't be limited like the other aircraft with similar or worse capabilities? Or you just know better without offering a counterpoint to it's high usage rates and kill ratio.

The Yak-3 is not an uber plane. It sacrifices other characteristics like firepower, ammo, and fuel to achieve benefits in flight performance and small airframe (target). If you look at performance charts plenty of other rides have better WEP speeds at all altitudes.

The main reason you see high kill ratios is there is a particular group of yak-3 fliers who are very timid. They will not engage 1:1 (or 2:1 even). There's a couple who have danger-sensitive internet connections as well.

I still believe the claim of it's hardiness derives from being a small target and people not understanding that a hit sprite might not indicate all 6 or 8 of their 50 cals are hitting. Flying the Yak 9U it's common feedback ("hey I hit you with 8 50's") where the size of the yak vs convergence means only 1 50 cal hit you. Versus guys like Yucca are very good at convergence shooting will rip you apart in a single burst.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2019, 07:52:29 PM »

Yet you're more than willing to debate semantics.. limit vs ban vs control etc.

Keep evading offering logical reasons for your position buddy. Calling you out isn't the same as being abusive.

Limit vs ban isn't semantics. The words have common different meanings. This is either dishonest or ignorant.

Calling me out for not agreeing with you about ENY policies neither one of us has an actual clue about? Seriously?

You're correct, the abuse was separate.

I won't try to help you with your arguments if it bothers you.   :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
The Yak-3 is not an uber plane. It sacrifices other characteristics like firepower, ammo, and fuel to achieve benefits in flight performance and small airframe (target). If you look at performance charts plenty of other rides have better WEP speeds at all altitudes.

Yak3 is the Russian Spit 16.  Turns and climbs a bit better, I think, but the guns are worse.  It's still one of the easiest planes in the set.  I flew it a bit when it first came out, but soon stopped when I realized I was getting more kills than deaths.  IMHO - for whatever that's worth - it should be the same ENY as whatever the Spit 16 is.

- oldman

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2019, 09:55:16 PM »
The spit16 still out turns it, but doesn't have the level speed of the yak3 and it's big wings are much more fragile. Overall though I'd say the spit16 is a more capable plane and its guns are definitely much more lethal.

However you are correct that they are similarly easy planes to fly and are good for beginners. Interestingly the spit14 which really only shines in pure climb rate and high alt performance and isn't nearly as good in the MA has the same ENY as the 16 (and much lower than the yak3)