Author Topic: Computer help..moving forward  (Read 8633 times)

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: Computer help..moving forward
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2019, 12:29:33 PM »
Hmm... why didn't you install Windows on the SSD? Do you have several of them?

I thought it may have been damaged in delivery, so I went with the HDD cause I knew it worked.

The unallocated means that it has not been set up to be read by the operating system - your installation program could see it and would have handled the setup for it, but the "normal" operating system relies on the disk management app to do that sort of thing before it can see it.  Right click on the disk in disk management and create a new volume.  After that (and perhaps a reboot), your file manager will be able to see it.

Mike

Thank you!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2019, 12:57:20 PM »
I thought it may have been damaged in delivery, so I went with the HDD cause I knew it worked.

SSD's mostly can take a lot of G's as long as the case stays intact. There's no moving parts inside and they're lightweight so dropping it on the floor won't usually hurt. Plus if there's something wrong the installation procedure would stop at some point. You're crippling your system performance badly if you have the SSD for other use only than Windows.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2019, 01:15:59 PM »
SSD's mostly can take a lot of G's as long as the case stays intact. There's no moving parts inside and they're lightweight so dropping it on the floor won't usually hurt. Plus if there's something wrong the installation procedure would stop at some point. You're crippling your system performance badly if you have the SSD for other use only than Windows.

Agree 100%.
Put the OS on your SSD. 

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear