Author Topic: There are still good fights to be had  (Read 863 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
There are still good fights to be had
« on: June 15, 2019, 10:49:52 PM »
While I don't get into the MA as much as I used to, I find good fights every time I'm there.  It doesn't take 600 people to provide entertainment.  This particular night I was pleased to engage Animal14 in a very intense phone booth knife fight, which he could easily have run away from.  Shortly after I had a similar encounter with a Frank, which attracted enough attention that someone else ended it.  If you aren't obsessed with your score, or with winning the war, you can have a lot of fun with the people who populate the arena.

Thought I'd mention this, amid all the doom-and-gloom posts.

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: There are still good fights to be had
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 12:09:42 AM »

yup, it was great as long as you enjoy fighting under/in a horde. Not long after this screen shot, Knights FINALLY figured out that the Bish only needed a few base to win the map and so the population moved north and Rooks had nothing to do.

Yup fights are great...... now and then.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 01:38:02 AM »
Even if I only get one intense fight a week it makes all the other stuff not matter

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 04:30:39 AM »
Even if I only get one intense fight a week it makes all the other stuff not matter
I am in your Camp on this! The fights are there...IF you look for them. IMO changing sides helps in that endeavor. Side loyalty is just a handicap when looking for good fights. Sure, you might have to change your personal trends..but the fight is out there. Besides...where else would you fing any thing even remotely close to this game? Mix it up a bit....pretty sure it will boost you game fun! :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 07:15:16 AM »
I am in your Camp on this! The fights are there...IF you look for them. IMO changing sides helps in that endeavor. Side loyalty is just a handicap when looking for good fights. Sure, you might have to change your personal trends..but the fight is out there. Besides...where else would you fing any thing even remotely close to this game? Mix it up a bit....pretty sure it will boost you game fun! :cheers:

Self inflicted when you will not move for fights.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 10:58:21 AM »
Agreed, went rook since it looked like the fight at their stats was gonna pick up.

Also forcing yourself into different planes makes a nice change. This tour I'm leasing a c205. Not sure if I plan on buying one tho!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 04:43:40 PM »
While I don't get into the MA as much as I used to, I find good fights every time I'm there.  It doesn't take 600 people to provide entertainment.  This particular night I was pleased to engage Animal14 in a very intense phone booth knife fight, which he could easily have run away from.  Shortly after I had a similar encounter with a Frank, which attracted enough attention that someone else ended it.  If you aren't obsessed with your score, or with winning the war, you can have a lot of fun with the people who populate the arena.

Thought I'd mention this, amid all the doom-and-gloom posts.

- oldman
I had a GREAT fight against you...was Thurs. or Fri. evening? I was a "Frank". I remember this because it was a bit "Past this OldMan's Bedtime" as you would say. It was well after your announcement of "Just 1 more!". Sorry it got interrupted...that dar bar drew in some crows. GREAT FUN :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 05:16:46 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

yup, it was great as long as you enjoy fighting under/in a horde. Not long after this screen shot, Knights FINALLY figured out that the Bish only needed a few base to win the map and so the population moved north and Rooks had nothing to do.

Yup fights are great...... now and then.

yep I changed to knights after looking at that...had a look and there was a big dar and knits flashing so I thought they were the ones to help..turned out to be a fight that dwindled out within minutes... spent forever doing nothing.....knit and bish still attacking rook..I think at that point it was knit had 28% of rook...and bish had about 23or24 %.. near the end of my hour and a half we did get a couple of bish bases.... but I had to log..picking those guys continued to roll the bish... ..if I could have...I would have gone straight back to rook...

I do agree with oldman though.... I do most times find good fights.... I like uneven odds though so that helps... even if I do have a little cry from time to time. I actually enjoy the challenge
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:19:43 PM by SPKmes »

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 05:57:36 PM »

yep I changed to knights after looking at that...had a look and there was a big dar and knits flashing so I thought they were the ones to help..turned out to be a fight that dwindled out within minutes... spent forever doing nothing.....knit and bish still attacking rook..I think at that point it was knit had 28% of rook...and bish had about 23or24 %.. near the end of my hour and a half we did get a couple of bish bases.... but I had to log..picking those guys continued to roll the bish... ..if I could have...I would have gone straight back to rook...

I do agree with oldman though.... I do most times find good fights.... I like uneven odds though so that helps... even if I do have a little cry from time to time. I actually enjoy the challenge

I know exactly what you mean.
This was one of the reasons why I made the wish that the other side had 2 dars at different colors so you could see who was winning the fight.

Perhaps time switch should be like an hour, or even you could pay 50 perks to switch when you wanted... It royally sucks when you get stuck on the side with no fights and you can't switch back for 6 hours...

There are some great fights during on hours especially when there are fights on all sides. It's when it's real late and the #s start dropping that it becomes a pain when 20 players are scattered all over the map. I believe that if there were zones implement that allowed you to achieve more perks for fighting in certain areas, perhaps that would encourage more fights. Or if you went off map it would take you to the other side, like Pacman, so that you could fight others on the other side of the map. Maps like BowlMA really get slow during off hours because it's just too big and you cannot fight players on the other side.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 06:10:23 PM »
One of the more fun furballs I had last week were when both rook and knights had 20+ eny. EW/MW planes only made the fight more exciting. And i was actually able to use the c202 able to get a few kills lol