Author Topic: Object Editor  (Read 676 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Object Editor
« on: November 20, 2000, 09:26:00 PM »
An object maker,
  You need to take a photo of 4 sides of an object. This small program converts all four bmps into one 3d object, sized to the Ace's High Editor given a file name, and would appear in the objects folder.

The Object Converter has an option to size your object.. an army staff car is about 15 feet, a bridge might well be 400 feet and 75 feet tall at the "posts" (forgive me bridge builders   ).

Another option is to add the damage structure to each of your custom objects. That would only require one or two splatter panels.
  Imagine what you could do!

When you finish with your digital cameras diving around taking pictures of old barns, grain elevators, bridges, old houses, 40's cars, wagons, different kinds of trees, tree stands, City block (one object) etc and etc!!!  Maybe you'll fly some Ace's High

Nakid girls at the swimmin' pool!

Anyway all new converted objects go into your map folder your working on.. hit build terrain and all textures/objects/Terrain shapes are compiled into the res file.

The location to download ObjectConverter is http:www...   what a minute.. if I told you I'd have to shoot you..
10Bears--

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
Object Editor
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2000, 09:27:00 AM »
What?  Are you serious?!!    

Send me the link, maybe I'll let you can shoot me later then.  If you can catch me.  

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
Object Editor
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2000, 12:21:00 PM »
Stay away from the bait !
It may look shiny and tempting but I think it has barbs.  

10bears

[This message has been edited by Snoopi (edited 11-24-2000).]

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Object Editor
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2000, 05:00:00 PM »
Doesn't most 3d programs do this?

I know Corel 6 or 7 came with A form of 3d, you bring in your scanned Bmp's and it "skins" and shape and sizable also.
NUTTZ

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
Object Editor
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2000, 11:37:00 AM »
I used a lot of 3D apps when I did that for a living, and no it's not that easy.

Yeah.. "skins" the shape..that is every 3D app.
But...you have to define the shape of the object that the "skins" go on to.

In essence you make a 3D CAD like file that defines the exact shape of the object.

Then you define what the surface of the 3D "object" looks like.
(It's colour,specularity,gloss,diffusion etc.)
Commonly you scan in images and "map" these onto the 3D "object". ("skins" as you put it)

The 3D CAD like object is the actual shape, and the "skins" are just the colors and texture of that object.

Now.. you can get 3D scanners to automatically make a 3D object.
But they are expensive and the concept is similar to taking a hologram image.
They currently work for small objects.
Until someone makes a large portable 3D "scanner", you still have to "create" buildings, aircraft etc. like an engineer or architect would.

Regards,
Snoopi

[This message has been edited by Snoopi (edited 11-25-2000).]