Author Topic: Oculus Tray Tool  (Read 796 times)

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
Oculus Tray Tool
« on: May 14, 2019, 04:42:24 PM »
Why am I just learning about this?? It made the graphics 10 times better. It's like I just got a huge upgrade.

If you're not using it, you need to be.

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Oculus Tray Tool
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »
Where is said tray tool best acquired?

All gave some, Some gave all

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 11:56:54 PM »
Thanks Pluto!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 03:03:41 AM »
IMO, this Tray Tool, just kills FR and doesnt make much of a impact on performance. So I quit that app! Well there could be some updates I havent seen?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 05:31:13 AM »
It will likely depend on your system. It made a noticeable difference for me. There are a few other nice features of the app also. It has definitely improved in the last year or so

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 04:15:57 PM »
It will likely depend on your system. It made a noticeable difference for me. There are a few other nice features of the app also. It has definitely improved in the last year or so
Gonna have to check it out again!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 09:54:37 PM »
I downloaded it today.  Any recommendations on settings, etc.  I don’t know what I don’t know about it.  Sure would be nice to get rid of that Oculus fuzziness that is so common.   :salute

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 03:45:29 AM »
I downloaded it today.  Any recommendations on settings, etc.  I don’t know what I don’t know about it.  Sure would be nice to get rid of that Oculus fuzziness that is so common.   :salute
:uhoh That I am afraid....is something we just have to deal with. I never found a solution for that "Screen Door" effect. Turning off Anti Aliasing made a slight improvement. The Rift S, new release fixed that issue by 1000%. Plus no sensors to worry about. I know :uhoh NOW you tell me...I just got the Rift 1st release model. :uhoh

Offline TechWrek

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 03:49:27 AM »
The OculusDebugTool is now included with the oculus software update, no need to download. It is located in Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 07:08:34 AM »

Settings will vary computer to computer. If your frame rate it fairly steady, I would start with turning ASW off. For super sampling start out low and see how the game handles it and then work you way up .1 at a time. Give it a little time before changing too much. If you play different games in VR I would recommend setting up a profile for each of them. I have OTT set to start the Oculus Service and Home when I start the tool and to close them when I exit, otherwise I believe you need to start the tool before Oculus Service. I'm not at home so I can't see the other options I have enabled but I think everything else is pretty self explanatory.

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 09:53:32 AM »
Thanks gents!  I’ll let you know what I discover.  I like that “screen door” description.  That is exactly what it looks like.   :salute

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 11:38:04 AM »
Thanks gents!  I’ll let you know what I discover.  I like that “screen door” description.  That is exactly what it looks like.   :salute

Unfortunately it won't get rid of screen door effect, but in my case it made a little improvement in clarity which is better than nothing. Disabling the ASW got rid of a lot of the random objects flickering.  The rift s is quite a bit better for screen door effect and clarity, but for some the money spent for a little improvement might not be worth it. If you're interested in upgrading I would try it out first so you are not let down.