Author Topic: TE A SUCCESS!!!!  (Read 1002 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« on: January 26, 2001, 09:11:00 PM »
In porking my terrains unusable.

PAC is somehow rewrote and gone.

NUTTZ

TheWobble

TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2001, 09:20:00 PM »
i cand get the new editor to do anything but crash, ive lost 3 maps now, DESPITE having autosave on 1 min they still never saved and when it crashed (every 10 min or so) I lost everything.

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2001, 09:32:00 PM »
 I don't get it? I've worked over an hour at a time, the only crash I've had is with the clouds button.

TheWobble

TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2001, 09:54:00 PM »
it chooses who it wants to crap on, Me and Nuttz are its favorites.

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2001, 10:30:00 PM »
I've been falling on both sides of the fence with the TE for the last few months for many reasons. I tried to work with this the last 3 hours, and have finally fell on one side of the fence. Unfortunately it's not in favor of me working with this in the future. My account with HTC is exhausted as well as my patience for the TE. It was fun while it lasted, But it is time to move onto future projects.
<S> you mapmakers.  

NUTTZ

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2001, 02:59:00 PM »
What's the problem you're having?  

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2001, 04:52:00 AM »
Problems? Here's a short list:

1.) Editor crashes when removing the first field's tower to replace it with the tower already present.

2.) Editor crashes when autosave is activated.

3.) Editor crashes when you try to copy objects.

4.) Editor locks up, then crashes when trying to edit a different terrain than the last one you worked on.

1.05p6 bug I posted in the Bug Board:

Unless you use a terrain made for 1.05 AH will crash within 20 minutes. Happens all the time, regardless of whether or not you're doing something. Flying, fighting, whatever, it dies. I had it crash twice when in flying in Luzon 2 offline, once when trying to fly in Stalingrad.

PS, 10Bears the field near the SW Ocean in Stalingrad is broke. You start from the snow and not on the field. I forget the name, but it starts with an "R".

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta 6's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond

[This message has been edited by flakbait (edited 01-30-2001).]

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2001, 06:48:00 AM »
Flak,

Instead of deleteing that tower, move it!
Drop a field as close as you can to that location, delete the new field tower, move the original one over to the field.

Editor does like to CTD on delete of more than 3 items. Don't know why, but thats what it's doing here.

As to the TE crashing when working on a diff terrain, have you tried going into settings folder and changeing the file name there first?

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2001, 07:30:00 AM »
That's what I said Ghosth. When I killed the new tower the TE crashed. After I finally got around it crashing I would move the field to the new tower. It crashed again when I tried moving the tower, and not the field, to the new location. Although I did find a way around the mode switch crash. Wait until it auto-saves, provided you can get it to do that without dying.

Like I said, until this gets fixed I'm leaving the terrain making up to the lunatics.

-----------------------
Flakbait [Delta6]
Delta 6's Flight School
Put the P-61B in Aces High
"With all due respect Chaplian, I don't think God wants to hear from me right now.
I'm gonna go out there and remove one of His creations from this universe.
And when I get back I'm gonna drink a bottle of Scotch like it was Chiggy von Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."
Col. McQueen, Space: Above and Beyond

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2001, 10:36:00 AM »
The first thing I would do before starting to laying textures or even putting in objects or shapes is to go to EDIT OBJECTS and delete the tower that is there and immediately put in an airfield over the spot where it was.
( try airfield AFLrg-S ).

Then if you switch back to EDIT TERRAIN see if your editor crashes back to the desk top.

Also just for fun (haven't done this test for myself yet), if you done the step above and your editor didn't crash then delete that airfield (vehicle part also) and immediately place another airfield.  See if this crashes the editor.  Keep doing this to each group (note:  group must have tower in it ... all the airfield in old editor do but haven't look at new editor yet) until you see which one crashes your editor.

I think AFFWD-1 and AFMED-1 could be problems.  You can open then with notepad.

Pokie

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2001, 05:20:00 PM »
yo Nuttz, what's going on?
what's the problem?

TheWobble

TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2001, 06:29:00 PM »
NATEDOG, did yall actually use this TE to make the MA terrain??  If so...any hair left?

I lost another terrain today after 2 hours of workin on it, i didnt use auto save but i saved it ever 15 min or so, then when it crashed (tried to delete object group) I lost everything....AGAIN

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2001, 01:30:00 PM »
yea, I used the TE to make the main...... i had no probs.

------------------
Nathan "NATEDOG" Mathieu
Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE SQUAD=-

".... And on the eighth day, God created beer. "

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2001, 08:11:00 PM »
Natedog then share your knowledge.
Do your tiles flip to other tiles ( not at distances) but close up?
Do your tiles go clear? ( Example: the MA does this also)
All of my problems i have basically are NOT tile related, but feild placement. People have been posting what to do and how to fix the feild problems by using Word or notebook, but i don't understand what i am looking at. I have no idea what half the buttons do in the TE, I can place tiles after that,, all hell breaks loose. You have some people working with the TE that are willing to share info and help, and many others that won't. By now, you can see that there are a few diehards that really want to help and despite all our pissin' and moanin' stuck around and produced some nice terrains. Any bones or tidbits of information that you can pass our way would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by NATEDOG:
yea, I used the TE to make the main...... i had no probs.

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
TE A SUCCESS!!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
here's all I know: only use the sf fields....all of them work.
do not rotate the fields.
if the tiles start looking strange, exit out and come back in.
I never lost any work doing it like that.
that's all the tips I know.