Author Topic: What happened to WO:P?  (Read 3394 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: What happened to WO:P?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 12:39:37 PM »
I never stated such.

HiTech

I never got that impression, but I guess Shuffler did. I guess because of the default simplified flight model setting.

Which is probably needed for anyone trying to fly with VR controllers [shudder].  That's harder even than mouse flying in my opinion.  But then again I can't use those x-box controllers either, so maybe kids nowadays will perfect that.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 12:43:50 PM »

OK - I am clueless.  What is FLS??

Freakin Lucky Shot aka Fun Loving Sword --)-------

I have the super power to compel people to post stupid.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 01:21:46 PM »
If your referring to the flight model...

I believe that Hitech stated that is only temporary, that eventually you will be able to select full-flight-model mode. Maybe you will earn more War Cash when you get kills with full-mode.  Etc.

If it had full realism flight model this very second, do you think it would be populated? 

Did Hitech ever state that as the purpose?  I didn't realize that.

You should read what I posted. I never mentioned HT. Right now that arena is pretty much just time spent on another game.... not Aces High.

I fly in AH. Hope it doesn't get set aside.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 01:40:49 PM »
You should read what I posted.

I did. 

That is not a furball arena. It is a beginner arena for those wishing to learn basics.

I was wondering if you heard Hitech state that as the arena design goal, or if you were simply pulling that out of your yin-yang.

Now we know.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 01:41:04 PM »
I like to think that development of WO:P will continue to benefit AH3.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 04:09:27 PM »
I was wondering if you heard Hitech state that as the arena design goal, or if you were simply pulling that out of your yin-yang.

You did not post it like you were wondering. You acted like I said HT said it.

It has been posted several times that the planes are set in easy mode. Hence my post.

I personally see no reason for the arena but some might like it... or not.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 04:46:43 PM »
You did not post it like you were wondering. You acted like I said HT said it.

To quote a great man, "You should have read what I posted."

Did Hitech ever state that as the purpose? 

See that curvy symbol at the end?  That's me wondering something, for future reference.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 10:27:06 PM »
I will make it a little more simple.

Time spent on it is time taken away from AH. If you want updated planes, new planes,new gvs, new content....

At least it seems that way from post I have been reading.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 10:35:31 PM »
I liked the idea of it. I liked playing it. Just hard getting the new guys going. Also I think it’s a bit confusing for guys in there with the drones and other players.
I wished that places had twenty folks in it all the time.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 11:09:40 PM »
Time spent on it is time taken away from AH. If you want updated planes, new planes,new gvs, new content....

That is very narrow and one-dimensional thinking.

Any plane he creates for WO:P could be merged back into AH.
Any boat or vehicle, or models, or textures he creates for WO:P could be merged back into AH.
It's the same technology base layer.  Hitech is smart enough to plan for cross pollination and mutual support between products. Think synergy, not zero-sum.

More importantly it gives him a testbed where he has more design freedom to try different things without having to do so on the flagship product.  It would be dangerous to try things just for grins on AH.  Worst case: it fails on some side product and he learns from it.  AH is undisturbed.  Best case: some thing proves useful and he can migrate those particular improvements back to the AH code base after it has been wrung out and real-world tested.  AH inherits the improvements with much less risk.

And most importantly, if HTC can expand and diversify revenue streams, it makes the company more stable and increases the odds AH will stay around.  AH will not outlast HTC.  So anything that makes HTC stronger, makes AH stronger.  Right now, there is a single point of failure just waiting to happen.  Every egg is in one basket with no margin of error.

Not to mention additional revenue can fund more 3d art, advertising, etc.  ...

:cheers:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 02:35:04 AM »

That is very narrow and one-dimensional thinking.

Any plane he creates for WO:P could be merged back into AH.
Any boat or vehicle, or models, or textures he creates for WO:P could be merged back into AH.
It's the same technology base layer.  Hitech is smart enough to plan for cross pollination and mutual support between products. Think synergy, not zero-sum.

More importantly it gives him a testbed where he has more design freedom to try different things without having to do so on the flagship product.  It would be dangerous to try things just for grins on AH.  Worst case: it fails on some side product and he learns from it.  AH is undisturbed.  Best case: some thing proves useful and he can migrate those particular improvements back to the AH code base after it has been wrung out and real-world tested.  AH inherits the improvements with much less risk.

And most importantly, if HTC can expand and diversify revenue streams, it makes the company more stable and increases the odds AH will stay around.  AH will not outlast HTC.  So anything that makes HTC stronger, makes AH stronger.  Right now, there is a single point of failure just waiting to happen.  Every egg is in one basket with no margin of error.

Not to mention additional revenue can fund more 3d art, advertising, etc.  ...

:cheers:

You hope.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 11:09:42 AM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2019, 11:21:50 AM »
You hope.

His statement had nothing to do with hope, he was stating basic facts.

HiTech

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2019, 12:04:05 PM »
His statement had nothing to do with hope, he was stating basic facts.

HiTech

HiTech, anything you can dangle in front of us as future updates to AH3? I think some people just want to get the warm fuzzy feeling that there is more coming.

I for one think that this is the best game currently out there and the only I consider playing!

Edit: VR is definitely the future and even with the random VR bugs (due to WMR I think) I found it to be addicting.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:06:45 PM by atlau »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2019, 01:06:58 PM »
Shuffler,

The mechanics for WO: P are exposed in your game client in the arena setup tab called environment. The client used in WO: P is your same client as used in the MA. You can create your own custom arena and run it exactly like WO: P becasue of that.  CptTrips massive AI WW1 arena is using the same code and it's in your client you install on your PC. So anything Hitech develops runs in any arena on his code becasue everything is the code you download and run on your PC.

Have you ever asked yourself why everyone gets a forced terrain download when they enter any HTC arena they have never played in before? Or when an update has been made to a terrain? The game runs on your PC while the common terrain download is so all of the other players see the same spot on the terrain you do when you all look at the same spot. The game server is just a game information "router" to tell the AI on your PC that is under remote control by the player you are shooting at what to do. There is no central server arena with one map, there are as many instances of that map as players connected to the server acting as the "router".

If WO: P is dummed down, Hitech could set the same settings and dum down the MA exactly the same, and you could setup your own custom arena and dum it down to match those dum down settings. Shuffler you have some strange misconceptions about the AH3 code.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.