Author Topic: Dual monitor In Game Issue  (Read 450 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Dual monitor In Game Issue
« on: August 03, 2019, 03:13:42 PM »
OK, experts.  Here’s an “I don’t know what I don’t know” issue.

Today, I set up a second monitor on my two year old VR capable W10 PC equipped with a 1070 graphics card.  The #2 monitor is plugged into a display port on the 1070 card.  I went into the W10 settings and established the newly installed monitor as #2.  The #2 monitor is showing the same desktop photo as the #1.  I can freely move the mouse cursor and any desktop icon back and forth between the two monitors.  But, when in game, I can’t move anything (clipboard or radio box) beyond the screen margin of the #1 monitor.  A while back, a friend told me he set up a second monitor so he could display the clipboard and radios box on the it to free up space on the #1 display and he was able to do so.  That sounded like a good idea so, I set up the second monitor today.  Any idea what I’m doing wrong?  Thanks!

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Dual monitor In Game Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 03:25:19 PM »
It would be nice to be able to do all those things, but AHIII doesn't support dual monitors in that way.  Why?  I have no clue..  :headscratch:
It would be great to have the radio channel and clipboard on the second monitor.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 03:58:24 PM »
I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

Wonder what the reason is?  HiTech?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 04:02:04 PM by Puma44 »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 05:47:34 PM »
In order to have your clipboard etc showing on the second monitor you need to make the two monitors act like one wide monitor, just like a triple monitor setup uses 3 monitors for one wide picture. With three monitors you can park the clipboard on one of the side monitors. The problem doing this with 2 monitors is that they each get half of your gunsight so that's not a good option.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 04:01:18 AM »
What FLS said. For multiple screens you'll have to sum the resolutions of your monitors in the game video settings. Like 1920x1080 + 1920x1080 = 3840x1080.

In AH the text buffers and clipboard aren't separate windows which could be pulled outside the main view unlike some image/video editors and such. You can freely move and resize them within the game view, though, and with several monitors you can locate them where they have the least negative effect for your situational awareness.

The sketchy illustrations below show roughly how the game would look with 2 or 3 screens, however you'd see a much wider part of your plane and the surroundings. Anyhow, the crosshair is always in the centre.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 04:03:56 AM by Bizman »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 10:30:58 AM »
Good info for my “I don’t what I don’t know” question.  Thanks!