Author Topic: FSO August, Frame 1 Logs are up  (Read 703 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
FSO August, Frame 1 Logs are up
« on: August 10, 2019, 12:38:00 AM »
Sorry it took a little longer to get them up.

Logs posted!

:salute
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: FSO August, Frame 1 Logs are up
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:07:35 AM »
I definitely experienced the icon issues last night. I suspect it doesn't have anything to do with clouds. But rather some type of new setting issue.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 09:44:28 AM »
I definitely experienced the icon issues last night. I suspect it doesn't have anything to do with clouds. But rather some type of new setting issue.
The times we use the light5k cloud file no one reports issues, but I'm not sure if this is because the clouds are much smaller and 'harder' to fly through? I've sent HT a PM to see if it's a bug or some arena setting, I presume a past update to the game may have porked the files somehow.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 10:02:39 AM »
We experienced it again...

Same thing as last...we climbed through cloud layer some guys lost icon others didn't...and when you do lose icon on yourself...you also lose icon for everything...cons and all....Silent got 4 kills last night with no icons...he was looking at wing tips...it was awesome...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 10:05:08 AM »
It was odd that the icon thing appeared generally aircraft specific. Generally because flying axis I could see everyone's icon unless they were flying a 109. Strangely I could consistently see the icon on ONE guy in a 109 but none of the others! Not a cloud or range thing as it didn't matter if we were in the clear or a 109 was literally doing a barrel roll around my plane. Icons for them didn't show at all. Didn't flash or anything.

We attacked a fleet and engaged a flight of hurricanes. They appeared to have icons. However I got killed by one that didn't! I just assumed it was one of the 109s trying to steal my kill! Next thing I know stuff is coming off my plane and I got all wet! Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 10:53:44 AM »
I think it is a cloud issue. Me and a squaddie both flew through a dense cloud on climb out, icons were all there before we entered and all icons stayed gone for both of us when we exited. We all noticed immediately. The rest of the squad couldn't see our icons either after the cloud but could before. I ended up exiting the game and reupping which fixed the issue.

My uneducated guess is the game doesn't register that you exited a certain type of cloud and keeps the icon settings as if you were still in it. Basically you're permanently hiding in a cloud.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
I ended up with a bunch of 109s. I had to hold fire to the last second to ID. Was a rough FSO. Friends had no icon.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 01:51:41 PM »
So are we ready to go no icon in FSO?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 08:28:28 PM »

You have my vote.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline bgoldy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 12:06:54 AM »

As in friendly icons on and enemies off? Then yes you have my vote

Offline UncleKurt

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 07:56:08 AM »
 :joystick:
<S> silent!! Was a definite fun fight dueling on the deck. I was hesitant to engage at first because you had no icon. Lots of fun with your 110 buddy too. At least he had an icon. Mixed feelings on not having icons with my eyes not as HD as they used to be. You still made a great target. Nice moves>>Love the hurri in the low slow turn fight though. <S> FSO friends..Bring some noobs into FSO next week.  :aok
I Like pizza!
I Hate red airplanes!
Leave my sheep alone!
What an axle!<br/Do Not Impose to Bully Around Me!