Author Topic: Steam Marketing  (Read 10127 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Steam Marketing
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2019, 02:06:05 PM »
TC,

For the majority of customers the MA is Hitech's only chance to show case the game. It took me 3 back to back MA terrains to have the experience to create fjordma using only the objects and the limitations set by Hitech for the MA. Heck I now have a stream lined gunnery\bombing practice terrain that would be a better choice to ship with the full download as the default offline terrain. At least the total newbie would be able to practice anything that goes boom easily with some embedded HELP instructions on a popout and a pre set var file. It won't take the place of learning ACM from the Trainers but, it will feed the need of a gamer to dink around with the game alone to learn how to make things go boom. Everything....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2019, 02:22:27 PM »
Yeah Bustr, I'm aware of that...as I know that we are going to need (er HTC is) to find a way to get new players to stay longer than the current average time

I was just responding to Ciaphas' thoughts on HiTech using other design software (might of been best to PM it to him)

Interesting idea, including(replacing the current default offline terrain/Map) your new gunnery/bombing practice terrain in the game download

That should be a mere minute swap out and I think should be done.... Hopefully HiTech will consider it

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
Yeah Bustr, I'm aware of that...as I know that we are going to need (er HTC is) to find a way to get new players to stay longer than the current average time

I was just responding to Ciaphas' thoughts on HiTech using other design software (might of been best to PM it to him)

Interesting idea, including(replacing the current default offline terrain/Map) your new gunnery/bombing practice terrain in the game download

That should be a mere minute swap out and I think should be done.... Hopefully HiTech will consider it

TC

You took it out of context, kind of. It wasn't a jab Hitech but food for thought about creating more assets packages that go along the same lines as the tile sets (europe and pacific).

Creating structures that resemble say, Russian construction for an eastern European tileset, Scandinavian structural design and a Scandinavian tileset etc...

The "different" software was a way of saying "hey, we can help build these and still follow the same structure" as the the software he is currently using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2019, 02:39:00 PM »
If Hitech would like to look at it for the feasibility, he only has to ask for a download link.

I've given it to my piggies who have problems hitting anything dive bombing, wirble or ship to ship shooting. It has a place that the drones fly within 800 of your wirble. It started out as my terrain to test terrain tiles then morphed into tank gunnery on a range you can populate with the tank drones to get the same kind of kaboom results as online. Then morphed into being able to test everything as I wanted to answer questions.

Fjordma benefited from my testing on it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2019, 03:02:43 PM »
You took it out of context, kind of. It wasn't a jab Hitech but food for thought about creating more assets packages that go along the same lines as the tile sets (europe and pacific).

Creating structures that resemble say, Russian construction for an eastern European tileset, Scandinavian structural design and a Scandinavian tileset etc...

The "different" software was a way of saying "hey, we can help build these and still follow the same structure" as the the software he is currently using.

My apologies if I took it out of context, Ciaphas

Is HiTech's current edition of the "Terrain Editor" unable to create these new tiles and objects? Noting that anything created would need HiTech's approval to be used in/on any Melee Arena Terrain

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2019, 03:30:07 PM »
My apologies if I took it out of context, Ciaphas

Is HiTech's current edition of the "Terrain Editor" unable to create these new tiles and objects? Noting that anything created would need HiTech's approval to be used in/on any Melee Arena Terrain

It's still the same objects just different configurations. I'm referring to different times objects that are tileset themed.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2019, 03:51:45 PM »
For fjordma I re-sorted the Euro terrset00 along with cycling in two never published 1016 HTC rock tiles that have been sitting unused since AH3 went live. I can only imagine the restrictions and requirements to produce new objects and tiles that won't bug crash paying customers in the MA. I think to this day a few players are having exit problems on riftval and fjordma due to the road\river\rail objects.

I opted to get the most out of the 660x660 polygons versus trying to create new tiles or objects for the MA. The MA is where Hitech makes his living and pays for everything. After 4 terrains, I'm not going to join the suicide band wagon for new just becasue new is new. I'm even more amazed now after my 4 terrains why people were not creating terrains for the MA like fjordma starting at least in AH2. Back then there was a community of MA creators. It was doable even with that terrain editor. It's actually pretty simple, while how to do it is along the lines of when something is so simple you cannot see it becasue our minds need to complicate things. All the tools you will need are in the terrain editor.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2019, 06:55:09 PM »
When new players are welcomed by 88 fire and resupply, who expects them to pay, even after controls are established.

Limit resup to recent base captures, and tie manned guns to a score.

On top of that, fix your matchplay free for all.  I dont need b29s and dr1s in that fly like they do.  That arena could be a blast if it wasnt set up fully dumbschit.

Whatever terrain you create, all is void to above mentioned... .......
 ......... gameplay.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:57:03 PM by Lazerr »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2019, 07:30:41 PM »
When will people learn that if someone is in a manned gun, they don't care about score? :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2019, 03:23:58 AM »
When will people learn that if someone is in a manned gun, they don't care about score? :headscratch:

Yeah, the reason they hop in said gun, is because they are not currently 10k above the attackers in a d9, able to run at will.  They defend their base where there is no threat to being killed, in a gun, or slink around under patches of trees in a m3.  The fight for a base is nearly gone.

This is obviously much worse during low number tlme periods.