Author Topic: Cannot access game play  (Read 549 times)

Offline ttflier

• Copper Member
Cannot access game play
« on: August 20, 2019, 03:35:27 PM »
Strange issue, I can get into the game from my desktop, get the Main Menu screen, click on online arenas. Go to the login - click OK and get to the Arena selection screen.  From there, no matter which arena I select, it takes me back to the Main Menu.  Then it just loops between Main Menu screen and Arena Screen.

Last week when the servers were moved, for some reason my program would not run at all.  I deleted my files and downloaded a new version from the site.  It worked fine.  I have not been on since last Thursday.

I tried to download a new copy today and I get an error message that my browser cannot find the address (when hitting the download button on the hitech site).

Tried using the copy I downloaded last week and get an error message that it cannot reach the site and that the download is incomplete.

I am open to suggestions.  Thanks!!
Tree Top Flier (ttflier)

http://www.91stbombgroup.net

"Bush league pilots just can't get the job done" lyrics by Stephen Stills

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Re: Cannot access game play
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 10:08:41 PM »
Exact same problem new map 8:00 PM Pacific standard time :old:
AkCaine

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 10:13:36 PM »
Same here at 22:00, can’t get on line maps.

Goat
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline snugar109

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 10:15:43 PM »
Same here. After war won reset I get an endless loop of login/main menu for all arenas.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 11:16:33 PM »
Around 11:45 through now, all seems good

out of the 50 or so still up playing none have had any issues nor had reported any other logging in issues from earlierin the evening

just posting this to show that it isn't everyone, at least fom the questions of asked in the main arena

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 07:43:50 AM »
On west coast still get the endless sign in loop.   :banana:
AkCaine

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 07:56:30 AM »
On west coast still get the endless sign in loop.   :banana:

Might help if you could run a DXDIAG report save it to a text file then zip it and attach it to a post in this thread

I'm starting to wonder that these issues you and the others in this thread are having, might be coming from Windows10 update that might have changed something in your OS

RecapAW's thread should be combined with this thread

Hope this helps......

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 09:24:30 AM »
Have gotten in.  Operating system 1s windows seven
AkCaine

Offline snugar109

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 10:30:18 AM »
HiTech has fixed the issue. I was able to login, download the current map and enter the main arena about an hour ago. I can also download the game again from the HTC website.

A note: I reinstalled the game about a month ago and the game ran fine until the map reset last night. I also noticed last night on the map reset that I couldn't download the entire game again. I was getting a webpage can't be found error.