Author Topic: a97 bridge issue current map (Oceania I think)  (Read 348 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
a97 bridge issue current map (Oceania I think)
« on: October 29, 2019, 09:45:59 PM »
Tried to run an m3 across two different bridges. One had some sort of invisible barrier that stopped me, the other suddenly showed water + half of the bridge (2nd half apparently still under construction) just as i began the incline onto it. Needs a fix.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: a97 bridge issue current map (Oceania I think)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 08:47:05 AM »
This occurs when the bridge doesn't extend far enough beyond the point where the GV reaches land.
For the builder (info here), the bridge must extend far beyond the shoreline, else, it has the problem stated above. The fix is to add buried segments, starting with ~165 feet+ and test.
It's usually only noticeable when approaching the far side of the water body but ymmv.

Oh, and if you hit a barrier, it's usually the same or similar problem, not extending far enough underground. Any abrupt transition from a terrain to an object can cause varying degrees of stall or complete inability to mount the bridge.

Your workaround is to use reverse. You can sometimes back onto a bridge that can't be driven onto in forward gear.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 08:53:08 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: a97 bridge issue current map (Oceania I think)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 12:47:18 PM »
In this case I didn't get the span of the river narrow enough so the bridge end causing the problem has a gap under it becasue it's not touching down by about 1 ft. Hitech had me do a fixed version of Oceania some time back where I fixed that and updated roads and trains to it. He just needs to replace the current Oceania with it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.