Author Topic: Air Spawn Button  (Read 527 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Air Spawn Button
« on: October 24, 2019, 11:27:19 PM »
For launch buttons that designate an air spawn, it would be nice to change the button font color to blue to differentiate those from a ground spawn. 

Extra points if it had a popup tooltip indicating the distance from the field and altitude of the spawn. 

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: Air Spawn Button
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 02:11:39 PM »
Is this for scenarios or special event use? Usually the GL (Group Leader) usually lets the pilots know where or what bases they will up from or air spawn....But it is not a bad idea for offline flying to see exactly where the airspawns are....again that is all done with setting I would believe....
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Air Spawn Button
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 03:16:50 PM »

I'm not referring to any one specific scenario, but as a general UI design improvement. 

Where ever possible you should looks for ways to convey important information to the user.  For the same reason we put N,S,E,W on the buttons instead of just 1,2,3,4; utilizing the button text to convey additional important information. Since air spawns are a special case, additionally utilizing the font color and possibly a hover tooltip would convey the additional information. 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.