Author Topic: damage in TA  (Read 2973 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: damage in TA
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 08:55:03 AM »
Arena settings can be adjusted by players only in offline or custom arenas. CMs can adjust special event arenas and trainers can adjust the TA. 

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 09:01:24 AM »
FLS, I think he was asking for the key board command to toggle the bombing X and/or bore sight lead aiming point X

It is a key command that you can toggle it on or off.....pardon me but my brain can't remember which one it is at this moment....

It is only available in the TA and can enable it offline or custom arena in the settings

Hope this helps

TC
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:03:35 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 09:08:11 AM »
TC the gunsight aid is enabled/disabled in arena settings. It appears to be turned on and off when you lock the target, but you're just toggling the target lock.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2019, 09:12:07 AM »
It's been awhile since I've messed with it, does that apply to the bombing aid X, as well?
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 09:29:29 AM »
No. The bombing cross turns off when you drop your last bomb. That's why I said you can practice dive bombing without dropping the bomb, because the cross shows the impact point, you can make several passes in one flight before you release the bomb on the last one and the cross turns off.

It would be easier to remember everything if new stuff wasn't added for twenty years.   :aok

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 10:12:54 AM »

It would be easier to remember everything if new stuff wasn't added for twenty years.   :aok

I hear ya, LOL

I have 4 different Dictaphones (can't remember where I last put them), I have probably 10 to 20 composition/note books and nearly 80+ 3x5  notepads..... I can honestly say I can put my hands on 3 of them..... So there's that

It's like "Ground hog day" movie for me most days.....

The saying is true to fact, if you don't use it you slowly lose it!  and I can't remember all the added new stuff since probably 2008/2009....

I feel like my flying/dogfighting skills are about 25 to 30% of what they use to be ....

Keep up the Good work!

Cheers  ~S~

TC

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2019, 05:24:44 PM »
This damage in the TA is much improved. Thanks to all. Now all it takes in an airspawn to 8k arm and there you go. Many thanks

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2019, 06:29:31 PM »
The airs spawns are at A20-A23. There are spawns for the level bombing, dive bombing, and runways.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2019, 09:43:39 PM »
The airs spawns are at A20-A23. There are spawns for the level bombing, dive bombing, and runways.

FLS, does ahta08.res still have the bombing range where it was located on the East side (right side) of the map and had several "air spawned" bombing runs at differing launch altitudes.....

its been awhile since I've looked, but we used to have 2 to 3 bombing practice runs at the following different altitudes: 2,000 ft, 5,000 ft, 10,000 ft, 15,000 ft, 20,000 ft.... Etc.......(or something similar to that effect..) each bombing run practice course had targets/objects and/or Bull's-eye Round Red & White targets....

Hmm..... I could be mixing up how we had it set up and working on the ahta06.res verses the ahta08.res in which with the update of ahta06 to ahta08 the layout stayed basically the same, but the bull's-eye targets along with some other features stopped working or disappeared altogether....