Author Topic: Forgive my many questions please  (Read 3948 times)

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
Re: Forgive my many questions please
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2019, 01:28:27 AM »

I saw you mentioned War Wings and Ace Combat and I was wondering if you had flown any other less arcady sims and what you thought of them. IL2, Rise of Flight, MSFS, DCS, etc.
[/quote]

Sorry for the late reply..

For the other sims.. as i had stated Ive been a strictly console player since my first console PONG in '75 and it wasn't until 2018 that I began dabbling in PC Gaming, and even that has been specific to vr supported games.. I never liked the mouse, keyboard setup for control.. felt too foreign to me.
I have tried War Thunder, World of Aircraft and DCS. I dont like any of them War Thunder and WoA has that crazy mouse control thing going on and i just hate it.. DCS has crappy vr support (no touch controller support like AH). Also, DCS is too overwhelming with information and variables and the gameplay is way too slow for my taste.. Probably because of console arcade/sim gameplay is lightning speed by comparison.
Aces High is the perfect mix of sim/gamespeed and really really did a great job with touch controller usability..

In short, Aces High is the only thing I play now as nothing captures my desire better.. THANKS hightech!! Love your work..