Author Topic: New Base Town Layout  (Read 602 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
New Base Town Layout
« on: October 28, 2019, 04:31:33 PM »
Would be nice to have an additional Base town layout for standard bases, would make deack and bombing more challenging.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: New Base Town Layout
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 01:20:55 AM »
+1

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 01:17:53 PM »
In all honesty, after 4 terrains, I have considered this concept for shaking things up in a positive way. It would not be new for the sake of new. Instead new for the sake of adding more nuance and challenge to the capture the flag game. Across 4 terrains I tried different combinations of base placements, bridges, and spawns. Even micro terrain forming around feilds. Changing out of the SOP of previous AH2 terrains each time added more interest for the community.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 03:41:23 PM »
I think this would be pretty cool. Hitech could change the "bases" to placecards with only a "size" ID. This way large bases would always be large, and smalls would always be smalls, V bases would always be V bases. Next add a radomizer at map launch. Having 6 new layouts for each field type/size, the randomizer would would then pull the fields and drop them in place.

This would add "scouting" to the things to do in the game. Sure it wouldnt take long until maps of the new layouts were out there, but calling out on the radio "it's layout 3 at A45" would still add a challenge and plan adjustments as apposed to a normal map.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 04:22:55 PM »
How about a semi-random layout instead? Like split the town into sections/etc and randomize those specific locations.

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 04:56:34 PM »
In all honesty, after 4 terrains, I have considered this concept for shaking things up in a positive way. It would not be new for the sake of new. Instead new for the sake of adding more nuance and challenge to the capture the flag game. Across 4 terrains I tried different combinations of base placements, bridges, and spawns. Even micro terrain forming around feilds. Changing out of the SOP of previous AH2 terrains each time added more interest for the community.

Have you though of doing this for base layouts? I'd love to see a proper aerodrome.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 05:13:20 PM »
Hitech and Waffle create the objects for the game and building a terrain you use what Hitech gives you. I can make changes to elevations, add micro features using the terrain and get creative in how I place base objects sticking to Hitech's MA rules of placement. I don't create the objects and I suspect from observations over time, Hitech decides when a new object is needed and has his own sense for the esthetic added to his game. It's Hitech's World.......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 07:18:29 PM »
I think this would be an amazing addition to the game.  Perhaps we could see some much larger towns to allow for some more entertaining vehicle combat?  I life the idea of micro terrain.  Some of the base location I saw during the Anzio campaign (Italy) looked sweet.  Perhaps a bridge or two going out to a town on a spire or something.  I sorely miss the old AH1 terrain, gigantic mountains and valleys, but with some massive bridges across them. :D

-FBTrev95
FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 07:34:25 PM »
Brothel and bar objects. AH towns are puritan.