Author Topic: An Open Challenge to all VR Players  (Read 955 times)

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
An Open Challenge to all VR Players
« on: November 16, 2019, 11:35:48 PM »
Any takers?
Want to see if the HOTAS is sooooooooooo much better its almost unfair as has been said? Will I lose? Probably but not definately.

Here is my conditions for battle.
Global Conflict Best of 5

War Online Pacific Match Play
Best of 5, Alternating Countries, 3 Downs Match Play.

Each Player plays 5 matches, flying on each side. 5 sorties as Allies, 5 sorties Axis for a total of up to 10 Matches.

Each match will conclude when either side achieves 3 kills against the other player. AI kills do not count but are present i during each match.

Aces High Survival 5 Plane
Survival is a single 1v1 battle wherein each player chooses 5 different planes to fly during the battle. The type of aircraft and order in which he flys them is at his discretion and is not required to inform his opponent of his sortie order. 
When a player is shot down he can only spawn in one of remaining planes.
If a player attempts to spawn in an aircraft that has been shot down, he will be disqualified.
The last survivor standing is the winner.

Example:

SAAM I AM flight plan.

1.) P-40 N
2.) KI43
3.) I16
4.) Spit16
5.) Yak3

Any available plane may be chosen and in any order so long as any one plane is not flown twice.

It will be a great opportunity for me to learn from or school a bit some of the Legends in this game..

BTSaamIam

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: An Open Challenge to all VR Players
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 07:53:49 AM »
Edit. I'll skip the WO:P part and comment on the Aces High challenge.

Dueling is typically in the same aircraft because that limits the differences as much as possible to pilot ability which is presumably what's being tested.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 09:35:41 AM by FLS »

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 12:47:57 AM »
Thank you for your comment and duly noted as to your typical setup for duelling and I agree. That is why I posted an open challenge and called it a Global Match. I enjoy the added challenge of, a.) the ai planes pestering and harassing the 2 pilots engaged in a match and b.) I believe each pilot should have the freedom of choosing and flying whatever plane he is comfortable in. If I choose an I16 and you a spit 16 then so be it. Each plane has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. I use touch controllers, you use hotas then so be it. Each of us is confident in our own abilities and so I dont see a lopsided advantage either way.
At least in WOP the plane choice is limited to the F2, F4U, P40 (Unless you played for 3 years to earn enough to buy the F6.. lol and the Jap side (somewhat advantaged) with the A6, KI43 and KI61.. the flight mechanics even things out with no blackouts, no wings ripping of at high speeds.. which is why I chose to set WOP as a straight match play and making each pilot fly on each side..
In Aces High, with the awesome variety of planes to choose from I chose Survival mode as my way of equalizing the level of play. By making each player choose 5 different planes with only 1 life in each plane it forces the pilot to be a bit more strategic.. does he fly his best plane first and risk losing it early on or does he save it for last? Maybe he plays it first and beats me 5-0 killing all 5 of my planes with his first choice or maybe he saves it to the end and comes back from a 2-4 deficit for a come from behind victory..
Mostly though, playing a survival format will clearly demonstrate a pilots skill across multiple platforms, show his flexibility and capabilities to AIO (Adapt, Improvise and Overcome)..

The best part is that these formats are scientifically proven to be super fun..

Any takers lets roll. i will check once a day for any willing combatants. If you would like to battle, kindly state your time zone and best time for your availability. Im available 24/7 so I will always schedule at your convenience.

Saam

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 05:11:23 AM »
I understand that you don't currently have the option for 1v1 in WO:P. The original setup had it and I'd like to see it there again.

As much as you may enjoy the extra challenge of AI wingmen I'm confident you'll find 1v1 sufficiently challenging. 

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:27:58 AM by FLS »

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 08:16:23 AM »
Ive flown thousands of 1v1's in past 20 yrs.l its boring to me..

Match play arena, free for all, 6 enemy ai. I want in game type conditions when i am battling another.

It best represents the current melee sop's, boom and zoom a guy, then let yoir buddy who was lurking sneaks in to shoot you in the back while you are engaged with someone else

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »
If you can't handle a 1v1 high aspect merge you can't dogfight.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 02:26:51 PM »
Ive flown thousands of 1v1's in past 20 yrs.l its boring to me..

Match play arena, free for all, 6 enemy ai. I want in game type conditions when i am battling another.

It best represents the current melee sop's, boom and zoom a guy, then let yoir buddy who was lurking sneaks in to shoot you in the back while you are engaged with someone else

From observation there are two types of players in game:  Those who seek some semblance of realism, and those who approach it like an arcade game (ranging overlays for GVs, adjusting GUI at night, etc, etc.)

If you are bored with 1V1s, you are either very proficient or lack the basic skill set to be very proficient.

If you are upset when a second player jumps you in the midst of a “1V1” then, your visual lookout and situational awareness are lacking.

Do you know about the “energy egg”?   Do you know how to employ it?

If the “BnZ” guy irritates you while using the advantages of his ride and you can’t counter that, your BFM/ACM skills are lacking.

Do you understand turn circles and their relation to ACM?

Do you understand how to do an effective lead turn?

Back to the second guy jumping you.  The basics of air combat dictate a two ship formation for effective visual lookout and mutual support.  So, if you are 1v1 with someone, always anticipate someone else.  If you don’t, you’re going to get tagged, pure and simple.  Those who whine and cry about it are in denial of reality.

All the above are offered to assist in some self assessment and determine which;  realism or arcade.

:salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 03:54:50 PM »
I'm not sure I would put overlays in the arcade camp per se. GVs are just going to be pretty arcade like no matter what as long as you can fire from commander position and it only takes one person to operate one. Overlays are kind of a substitute for artillery spotters or maps.

The other stuff you mention seems spot on but these days I don't know if there is anyone left to train people in those things.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 05:02:22 PM »
I'm not sure I would put overlays in the arcade camp per se. GVs are just going to be pretty arcade like no matter what as long as you can fire from commander position and it only takes one person to operate one. Overlays are kind of a substitute for artillery spotters or maps.

The other stuff you mention seems spot on but these days I don't know if there is anyone left to train people in those things.

We’ll have agree to disagree on the overlays.  A gunsight is still a gunsight no matter how many people it takes to fire a round.

As far as the other stuff goes, I know of a least one. 

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 06:11:22 PM »
Do you understand turn circles and their relation to ACM?

Do you understand turn circles and jeeps?  :devil

I must mention the jeep is so much fun in VR.

Melee Tour 238
Kills of Puma44 by Vulcan in a
Jeep
Model Name   Killed
Jeep   1
Wirbelwind   3

Muahahahahahahahaa...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 06:13:13 PM by Vulcan »

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »
Do you understand turn circles and jeeps?  :devil

I must mention the jeep is so much fun in VR.

Melee Tour 238
Kills of Puma44 by Vulcan in a
Jeep
Model Name   Killed
Jeep   1
Wirbelwind   3

Muahahahahahahahaa...

Ya sneak!  :rofl