Author Topic: Bridges  (Read 1226 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Bridges
« on: December 21, 2001, 02:39:00 AM »
A rough Raw bridge,, It works, I have alot of things to add, But heres a preveiw. Even sections can be destroyed :) I'll be adding the rails and tension bars .

NUTTZ

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Bridges
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 04:23:00 AM »
That is superb......

do you have to build it from scratch for each crossing or can you just add it as a group?

Have you tried running a road across it?

What is the land/bridge interface like at the ends?

Tilt

Wishing he knew how to do all this stuff.
Ludere Vincere

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
Bridges
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 07:45:00 AM »
Looking good Nuttz  :cool:

Pokie

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Bridges
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2001, 08:44:00 AM »
How does it impact fps?

HiTech

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Bridges
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2001, 12:12:00 PM »
I'll have to check that out in a H2h, off line there was no studder.  It's 170 foot high and connect to 2 land tiles with 1 water tile seperating them. The problem with the roads, Once your under them they are invisable if you look up, so i used the VH mesh with the Rearm pads. This is the very first time i tried to play in this portion of the TE. I didn't know about the items could be set to terrain or independent in their hight, ( thats where i went wrong with the towers). ( I made a group with ( pipeL) i'll use for the railings, I can add Train tracks on one side. and that quarter circle thingy for the tenstion on the towers.

LOL, Only problem is..... GV's crossing constantly get the 30 second rearm message :(

NUTTZ

Originally posted by hitech:
How does it impact fps?

HiTech

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Bridges
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
yes Tilt it DOES work. it's connected on each end by land. Yes you have to build it by scratch and i'm not done. I just wanted to show people It CAN work. Then you  can save it as a group to place.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Tilt:
That is superb......

do you have to build it from scratch for each crossing or can you just add it as a group?

Have you tried running a road across it?

What is the land/bridge interface like at the ends?

Tilt

Wishing he knew how to do all this stuff.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Bridges
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2001, 12:21:00 PM »
cool, tell me when your going to show this on h2h plz,i want to see them!!

btw, there are shapes called road#, you could use those

ps, HT, can we have a group edit function, as at the mo you have to change, say the height, of each individual object to do it

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Bridges
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2001, 02:05:00 PM »
BenDoaver, realy no need for that function.

When we have to do that we either edit the file by hand. Or just place the group, change what is needed, then resave it.

Only group feature i want to add at some point is the abilty to add a group into the terrain and keep it as a group, so when you go back and change it. all current uses in the terrain would also change.

HiTech

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Bridges
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
Very cool Nuttz!

Offline scruu

• Zinc Member
Bridges
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2001, 02:46:00 PM »
The roads are invisible if your under the bridge and look up, so i opted for the rearm mesh ( whick is also invisible underneath. But the VH mesh is not so i trimmed it in that. Also i used the rearm mesh cause i want to put that across a river over that batges to simulate the Army engineers way of building a quick bridge across rivers.

This is my first attempt at using the objects, I thought it was time i moved on to complete my knowledge with the TE. I can tile them well but lack in this part. It's not really that hard, and the next few days I'll have the map completed and posted.

BTW the tiles are Freakin Awsome, I posted a  few pics of the cliffs last week.

The Pizza objects are pretty kewl and I completely understand the 'FUN" you need to be creative, BUT, I would like HTC to makethe TE objects like "Lake" "pizza" "beer" be interchangable with a few different objects that are useful to some of us "serious" people making maps.

The C-47 can carry supplies,, the Objects in the TE can be grouped. That leaves me to believe we can use  lets say 3 C-47's to drop within a 1/2 mile radiuos and within 2 mintues to drop lets say the 3 sections ( or supplies earmarked for a bridge or forward dirt airfeild ) so playerts can randomly buils a few bridges and forward airfeilds to enhance the ralism of gameplay :)

Just my 2 cents....

NUTTZ
P.S. Merry Christmas Hitech, Pyro, Natedog, Yankee, Ronnie, and Skuzzy.

Originally posted by BenDover:
cool, tell me when your going to show this on h2h plz,i want to see them!!

btw, there are shapes called road#, you could use those

ps, HT, can we have a group edit function, as at the mo you have to change, say the height, of each individual object to do it

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
Bridges
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2001, 05:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by NUTTZ:
The problem with the roads, Once your under them they are invisable if you look up, so i used the VH mesh with the Rearm pads.

NUTTZ

I have the solution for this problem Nuttz, you see them in the next 2 files.

Pokie

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Bridges
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2001, 11:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by hitech:
BenDoaver, realy no need for that function.

When we have to do that we either edit the file by hand. Or just place the group, change what is needed, then resave it.

Only group feature i want to add at some point is the abilty to add a group into the terrain and keep it as a group, so when you go back and change it. all current uses in the terrain would also change.

HiTech

i think you've misunderstood me, i'm on about a group of objects, not shape groups

oops, just saw the 'change all' button, is that new?

can you add the option to change the alt of all selected objects to that menu?

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Bridges
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2001, 11:09:00 AM »
Originally posted by pokie:

I have the solution for this problem Nuttz, you see them in the next 2 files.

Pokie

wot files?

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
Bridges
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by BenDover:

wot files?

Will be putting them here soon.

Pokie

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Bridges
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2001, 07:16:00 PM »
Forgive me but what basic thing am I doing wrong here...........

I have tried it with rearm mesh, and with taxi start point, collide on, collide off (well that was dumb) With the describer as VOID, or Runway, or rearm mesh.

I make this bridge at 100 feet above my river which is zero'd and stretch it to land either side also at 100 feet.(@ half a tile from the "bank")

Yet when I try it with a vehicle I drive OK on the flat and then hit the road as the ground falls away underneath. (Unless collide is off in which case a just drive down thru it!)

I have even converted clutter to water in the bridge area .

Viewing the terrain objects closely there can be a gap generated as the terrain dips away. However overlaying another object (at least visually) eliminates this.

So its clear I am doing some thing wrong.

All help greatfully recieved..............

Tilt

Wishing there was a basic  girder bridge object 2.2 tiles long
Ludere Vincere