Author Topic: Bridges  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Bridges
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2002, 04:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sundog:
Rgr on the objects not crossing the grid line. Are you saying that even with a sloped taxiway, Also, according to HiTechs reply, you will be able to add the bridge types you are seeking in the future, once they complete the object creation editor.   :)

yes the runway object always fills an entire grid tile.

So bridges have to be two or three or more tiles long when using the runway object. The intersections have to be perfectly positioned at the grid lines. (thats why a two tile bridge is easier...........only one grid intersection)

I have put hangers next to the start of the bridge to help guide vehicles onto it in a straight line we could place a rearm pad any where on the bridge we wanted. (even two with one turned to look like a pair of sentry posts)

I look forward to the editor. I believe a one object bridge could be designed to fit within one tile. It would cant  at 35/40 degrees to lessen the up slope angle.

Tilt
Ludere Vincere

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Bridges
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2002, 04:02:00 PM »
I applaud all your efforts, guys.  I have one suggestion for Nuttz re-arm pad bridge. Rotate every other re-arm pad 180 degrees about it's Z (i.e. vertical) axis. This would be better looking visually, as there would then be a row of re-arm shacks on both sides of the bridge, but with twice the spacing beteen them.  This would give the bridge a more symetrical look to it.  Can't wait to see these in a terrain.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline scruu

• Zinc Member
Bridges
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2002, 04:32:00 PM »
The frame rates dropped by 1/3 so i redid the bridge using WAY less objects and it acually looks way better. The one i posted was just the first, I was going to post the pics last night of the latest bridge, but decided to tease yas alittle more.

The new bridge can be destroyed in 4 spots so you CAN stop GV's from crossing. Or you CAn hold and protect the bridge. It can be used great for senerios to either Destroy or protect. I have manable ack at either end so fighting across the bridge will be pretty cool. I saved it as a group so i can place them threw out the map, across hills,valleys,rivers etc. I'll post a few pics tonight once i get home and clean up a few things. Setting them as a group, you also have the option to set the bridge to a country.

the final bridge is 1k high and looks pretty kewl crossing with little Frame rate hits.

I have a few things to add to made it "look" better.....

See ya's tonight.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Sabre:
I applaud all your efforts, guys.  I have one suggestion for Nuttz re-arm pad bridge. Rotate every other re-arm pad 180 degrees about it's Z (i.e. vertical) axis. This would be better looking visually, as there would then be a row of re-arm shacks on both sides of the bridge, but with twice the spacing beteen them.  This would give the bridge a more symetrical look to it.  Can't wait to see these in a terrain.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
Bridges
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2002, 08:05:00 PM »
OOOOh ooooh i can't wait,think i'll sit n press f5 for a while lol  :)
<S> Nuttz and all the bridgebuilders  :)
Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Bridges
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2002, 01:56:00 AM »
well at least you cant run out of ammo crossing this bridge .  :D
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline RabidSquirrel

• Zinc Member
Bridges
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2002, 12:58:31 PM »
Sundog is right,those are definately toll bridge's! But are they $5 or $10 toll's at each shack? :rolleyes: (I don't have that kind of money for that) But there looking good though,keep it up. I can't wait to see them up close and personal. (with half of the bridge's missing) :D

AH Pilot & Host of "Squirral's War & Desctruction",
Squirral

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Bridges
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2002, 07:24:59 PM »
Hey NUTTZ, email me please. pcok@sbcglobal.net