Author Topic: More then 20 textures?  (Read 414 times)

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
More then 20 textures?
« on: December 23, 2001, 07:54:00 AM »
Hiya,

Is it possible to get more then 20 types of textures? I guess it isn't since alot of people swap snow from city's or other tiles but it would be neat if the editor was standard equiped with extra textures like desert, village, city, swarp, whatever. Jihad and Nuttz both made some very nice textures and it would be nice to add some extra.

Broes

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
More then 20 textures?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2001, 01:50:00 PM »
I have talked to Hitech about adding more tiles. The answer i got was no. Theres alot of things you need to understand, I'll list a few.

There are only 6 main tiles, the remaining 14 tiles are the transitional tiles so, AND only grassy rock tiles with snow.
If you add just one more main tile, this would also increase the transitional tiles. That added main tile would have to transition with ALL the other main tiles, this would increase the transitional tiles to a total around 28, possibly more. If AH was a boxed game I'm sure there would be no problem, but this is Internet based.

There are tricks to make the 20 tiles look like alot more.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Broes:
Hiya,

Is it possible to get more then 20 types of textures? I guess it isn't since alot of people swap snow from city's or other tiles but it would be neat if the editor was standard equiped with extra textures like desert, village, city, swarp, whatever. Jihad and Nuttz both made some very nice textures and it would be nice to add some extra.

Broes

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
More then 20 textures?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2001, 10:47:00 AM »
Thnx for awnsering. I understand the need for all the extra transition tiles and am wondering if making the extra tiles is the cause of not implementing it or if putting it in the code is the hard part.

Broes