Author Topic: Ok. Let's here the story  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Ok. Let's here the story
« on: November 16, 2019, 12:37:14 AM »
Kraken sighting.

AKDogg
22:04:05 Departed from Field #125 in a F4U-1A
22:21:28 Shot down a Bf 109G-14 flown by Br17.
22:22:48 Shot down a Bf 109G-6 flown by SKJackD.
22:23:18 Shot down a Bf 109G-6 flown by jvrodan.
22:29:39 Shot down a Bf 109G-14 flown by Tucan.
22:36:26 Shot down a Bf 109G-6 flown by Devil5O5.
22:36:58 Helps AKKuya shoot down SKfgALPO.
22:48:53 Takes on fuel/ammo/ord at field #125.
23:11:21 Shot down a Bf 109G-6 flown by Picko.
23:11:31 Awarded kill as Twinn50s crashes in a Bf 109G-6.
23:13:50 Shot down a Bf 109G-6 flown by front.
23:30:21 Shot down a Bf 109G-6 flown by Doc72.
23:44:19 Shot down a Bf 109G-6 flown by Ra.
23:44:55 Shot down a Bf 109G-6 flown by Steely.
23:44:56 Awarded kill as Snibbo crashes in a Gunner-Observer.
23:48:51 Arrived Safely at Field #125
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
Re: Ok. Let's here the story
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 03:06:09 AM »
<S> To AKDogg, he flew that thing exactly how it should be flown :)
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 07:28:31 AM »
HEHEHE, Take care of her and she will take care of you,  :devil.  As most of you know, the Hog is my baby, (primary ride in the MA).  I know that thing inside and out. 

With 45mins still left in the frame, I was the only Allied still flying vers 10 Axis still flying (possible observers to).  I was thinking to myself when I found out I was the only 1 left, do I keep fighting or land this with with 45mins left.  Obviously you know my answer.  So I climbed back up to 15K and flew back into A63 to flash the base so the axis knew where I was.  At this time it showed 8 axis in flight.  When I was over the base, I saw 1 plane on the runway but I wasn't taking the bait to dive down and kill him.  Instead flew around a little and found Doc72 by himself at 14+k.  Engaged him and took him out.  Right after he died I saw at least 3 cons coming to his rescue (actually revenge for his death, hehehe) so I flew west dragging them out to sea.  Looked to see how many still in flight and it said 5 still in flight.  Decided to extend out for awhile and see if the other 2 were near.  Was being cautious.  well, after about 5 mins 1 of the 109's broke off and I believe RTB'd.  Still had 2 with me.  After about 2-4 more mins of extending over the water, I the realized it must be just these 2 left and others are observers so I engaged for a few moves and then extended again when either Ra or Steely got on my 6 danger close, lol. :eek:  They then both broke off and started to head home or was baiting me to turn around.  I then zoomed back up to about 4k and turned back to them (took the bait).  They reengaged and we fought.  After a turn or 2, I was maneuvering to get a shot on Ra and pulled trigger when he collided with me (didn't look like it on my screen).  Not sure what I took off Ra but I was more worried about Steely where he was.  Found him and engaged him.  Was able to get on him and kill him.  I then flew home and landed since I was only 1 sector out from the carrier and called it a night.

BTW, I was out of wep the last 50 mins of the frame.  That's the reason Ra and Steely stayed with me for so long during the extending.

Was definitely fun and challenging. :rock :aok :salute
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline front

• Zinc Member
      • The old "WarBirds Tips Storage"...
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 04:02:34 PM »
Glad to see I made the leader board there too!

(Eh wait... what?!)

<S> AKDogg... I think I gave ya the easiest kill of the frame. :-)

cheers!

front

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 11:27:50 PM »
Wow wtg!
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 01:32:46 AM »
I put a video up showing the spanking AKDogg gave me, around 27 min mark <G>

https://youtu.be/vE3oxup-hx0

Salute

Steely

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 03:30:16 PM »
 :rofl   Ra's commentary 26:08ish
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 03:54:00 PM »
Nice video.  BTW, I had plenty of fuel and ammo.  I still didn't know how many of you 109's were around.  Still showed 4 of you in flight so I wasn't sure if the other 2 were gonna show up while I was tangling with You and Ra.  That is the main reason for dragging you 2 out for awhile over the water. :lol 

As for the collision with RA, My screen showed we didn't hit.  In fact I pulled the trigger and smoked his engine, then I saw it said Ra has collided with you.  I didn't get the message saying I have collided.  I blame lag on that one.

<S>
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 03:34:45 PM »
I had a backseater, not sure if Ra did also, that would have been one of the 4 at least.

I've been discussing with Dantoo what went wrong, I wish there was a way to import a "ghost" from a file into offline play, and take control of the aircraft at any time and try a different move, at least to see where you would have ended up angle-wise after a failed merge or whatever :)

Salute

Steely

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 12:56:45 AM »
I had a backseater, not sure if Ra did also, that would have been one of the 4 at least.

I've been discussing with Dantoo what went wrong, I wish there was a way to import a "ghost" from a file into offline play, and take control of the aircraft at any time and try a different move, at least to see where you would have ended up angle-wise after a failed merge or whatever :)

Salute

Steely

That is a worthy wish list item.... an ability to take over controllers in your plane in a film....

Air Warrior had that feature, just can not recall which version it showed up in...pretty sure it came after AW-SVG version which would have been AW4W version ircc....many years ago.... I do recall HT having something to do with creating something? Film Viewer? Before he went and made confirmed kill ...then WarBirds...
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC