Author Topic: Woe is me  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Woe is me
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 04:38:06 PM »
All's well that ends well. I'm up and running and luckily only had to pony up for a power supply and the diagnostics/labor. The mid-tower now sits next to & above my desk and far away from tasty adult beverages.  :rofl

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 07:02:57 PM »
 :aok

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 09:31:43 PM »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2019, 08:53:20 AM »
Late but I found a power supply tester on amazon that looks pretty handy

https://www.amazon.com/CRJ-24-Pin-Switch-Jumper-Sleeved/dp/B01MSY4966/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=power+supply+tester&qid=1576294227&sr=8-17
Although that's not expensive, the paper clip does the same for free.'

I have one of these:https://www.amazon.com/Comidox-Computer-Supply-Tester-Automatic/dp/B07J9LRC6T/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=power+supply+tester&qid=1576335019&sr=8-11. It's a tad better than just a switch/clip, it also tells the voltages and Power Good time. Basically it's a dedicated multimeter. What's common with these cheap testers is that they don't tell how the PSU works loaded.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »
Although that's not expensive, the paper clip does the same for free.'

I have one of these:https://www.amazon.com/Comidox-Computer-Supply-Tester-Automatic/dp/B07J9LRC6T/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=power+supply+tester&qid=1576335019&sr=8-11. It's a tad better than just a switch/clip, it also tells the voltages and Power Good time. Basically it's a dedicated multimeter. What's common with these cheap testers is that they don't tell how the PSU works loaded.

That's Dang near identical to mine...but I paid nearly $30 around 9 or 10 years ago....

They do come in very handy
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2019, 09:15:41 AM »
That's Dang near identical to mine...but I paid nearly $30 around 9 or 10 years ago....

They do come in very handy
Same here, the brand was different but the looks exactly the same. There's several more of them on Amazon, that was the cheapest at a quick glance.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2019, 04:37:08 PM »
Glad your back in business Max!   :airplane: