Author Topic: What’s up?  (Read 6239 times)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
Re: What’s up?
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »
Revised: I now have to assume that Mak's last statement was for the warning he got.  So he got muted for the last thing shown.

Yeh, that worth a mute.  :salute

Sorry Mak.  :)
No I got muted for your original presumption. If you’ll note. I got muted twice. The first was a 10 minute mute that I missed any warning for. And presumably for continuing the conversation as you suspected. You had it exactly correct.

The final mute was retaliation for being muted. I expected that one.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2019, 02:26:02 PM »
How can you miss a warning if there's a pop-up.

And the logs say the final mute was for insulting the mod, which if you had insulted any other player the same way, you would have gotten muted as well, it wasn't retaliation.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2019, 02:29:08 PM »
How can you miss a warning if there's a pop-up.

And the logs say the final mute was for insulting the mod, which if you had insulted any other player the same way, you would have gotten muted as well, it wasn't retaliation.

semp

Because the stupid pop up defaults to highlighting the OK button and while you're typing and press the space bar the window disappears.    If you're not looking right at it you won't see it, and if you do it's for a tenth meza second.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2019, 03:10:45 PM »
Because the stupid pop up defaults to highlighting the OK button and while you're typing and press the space bar the window disappears.    If you're not looking right at it you won't see it, and if you do it's for a tenth meza second.

If you are typing, I don't think pressing the space bar gets rid of the pop-up.

And since he's a long time player he probably had message default to the text buffer making a warning the only pop-up. You don't have to read it to know it's a warning. Besides his sa is pretty good, so I don't buy your explanation. Specially since he got caught lying about his mute to begin with.

semp

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »

Yes, it does.   Happens to me all the time.  It absolutely gets rid of the pop up no matter what you THINK.

And since he's a long time player he probably had message default to the text buffer making a warning the only pop-up. You don't have to read it to know it's a warning. Besides his sa is pretty good, so I don't buy your explanation. Specially since he got caught lying about his mute to begin with.

semp

If you're looking at your message bar or keyboard you may not see the pop-up in the fraction of a second it's there.

You sure make a habit of calling people liars. 

His description is not only plausible it's something I've personally experienced.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 03:39:38 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »
Yes, it does.   Happens to me all the time.  It absolutely gets rid of the pop up no matter what you THINK.

If you're looking at your message bar or keyboard you may not see the pop-up in the fraction of a second it's there.

You sure make a habit of calling people liars. 

His description is not only plausible it's something I've personally experienced.

Actually he called himself lying.

The op said, and in doing this from memory.  Since when is taking smack on 200 without profanity...

Logs proved he actually did.

semp

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2019, 05:03:41 PM »

semp
Absolutely nothing in my original post was a lie. I didn’t see a warning and never acknowledged a warning. The only thing up for debate is whether a clinical term is a curse word. Which it is not in my opinion. (Also not caught by the message board filter) So conversation continued with no expletives whatsoever and then I got muted. So from my point of view, and I still stand by this, I was muted for simply saying I was better than another player.

After my 10 minute time out, I called the mod out and I knew what the result would be. At no point did I lie about anything.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 05:09:54 PM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2019, 05:11:08 PM »
when ONE of you earns a kill against me I'll stop fcalling you out for being vaginas
REPORT: Fri Dec  6 23:43:23 2019 | LilMak  :200     :Well I'm better than you so that's the natural order of things
MUTE: Fri Dec  6 23:48:34 2019 | LilMak  :200     :never calimed to be the best...just better than you
MUTE: Fri Dec  6 23:49:12 2019 | LilMak  :200     :not really it's apretty low bar
MUTE: Fri Dec  6 23:50:28 2019 | LilMak  :200     :I'mnot just calling it like I see it
REPORT: Sat Dec  7 00:02:22 2019 | LilMak  :200     :get bent MOD...abuse of power...reporting this to HT you POS...no warning about nothing....F off

I count at least 4 times you used profanity when you claim you didn't.

semp

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2019, 05:15:52 PM »
Sigh.

Taking out the last sentence which I’ve admitted repeatedly was out of line, how many?
~Hub Zemke

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2019, 05:20:55 PM »
Two. And you used the v word as a replacement for another word because that would automatically be stopped by the filter.

semp

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2019, 05:39:56 PM »
Up to the last sentence there is only one word which constitutes a curse word. And that’s the clinically acceptable word.

But just so you know. This is the order of events...

First sentence. Contains clinical language. And I’m, presumably warned. I don’t see it. Don’t acknowledge it. And then the conversation continued.

Next FOUR sentences there is nothing mutable in them. Absolutely nothing. Not one single word. AND THEN I got muted.

Last sentence is a tirade for being muted for the FOUR sentences with zero justifiable reason.

To sum up...warning (I didn’t see), no abuse after warning (I didn’t see), then mute (seen and acknowledged). Then tirade and long deserved mute. (Seen and acknowledged)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 05:42:19 PM by LilMak »
~Hub Zemke

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2019, 05:50:38 PM »
I'll stop fcalling you out for being v's.

Explain this sentence, please.

semp

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »
“fcalling” is an unintentional typo. I don’t expect you to believe that so let’s (for the sake of argument) say that it wasn’t and I’m lying (also for the sake of argument) about not seeing a warning.

Assuming all that, let me break it down as simple as I can.

Warned. Corrected. Muted anyway.
~Hub Zemke

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2019, 06:19:13 PM »
The way I see it it is totally a context mute (berating another player)... however as has been stated earlier... there is some real discrepancies when it comes to this type of mute... sure there are those who have tightened the noose on themselves for sure ... however there are way worse comments/abuses on a daily basis that don't get stopped. and most here have been involved in said text abuses in the past... perhaps there was a report caused by hurt feelings??? 

and the second mute which is not disputed is standard.... you pull a gun on a cop....

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2019, 07:06:49 PM »
The way I see it it is totally a context mute (berating another player)... however as has been stated earlier... there is some real discrepancies when it comes to this type of mute... sure there are those who have tightened the noose on themselves for sure ... however there are way worse comments/abuses on a daily basis that don't get stopped. and most here have been involved in said text abuses in the past... perhaps there was a report caused by hurt feelings??? 

and the second mute which is not disputed is standard.... you pull a gun on a cop....

If I recall correctly, HiTech as specifically told his MOD's to mute any who attempt to confront them? :headscratch:

Have no desire to find out, least not the hard way. 
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.