Author Topic: What’s up?  (Read 6301 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: What’s up?
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2019, 07:28:25 PM »
If I recall correctly, HiTech as specifically told his MOD's to mute any who attempt to confront them? :headscratch:

Have no desire to find out, least not the hard way. 

Yeah that's right...Lil Mak doesn't have a problem with that one.... he knew that was going to be a foregone conclusion.... the questionable one... not questionable as such... more the one that causes confusion, is the first part of the exchange mute.... to me, from the many 200 smack attacks I've seen, was pretty soft...

but then ... smack talk has been taken over by straight out beratement these days.... oh for the glory days of humorous side cracking smack downs....

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 07:35:21 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2019, 07:41:43 PM »

Yeah that's right...Lil Mak doesn't have a problem with that one.... he knew that was going to be a foregone conclusion.... the questionable one... not questionable as such... more the one that causes confusion, is the first part of the exchange mute.... to me, from the many 200 smack attacks I've seen, was pretty soft...

but then ... smack talk has been taken over by straight out beratement these days.... oh for the glory days of humorous side cracking smack downs....

Ah, good ol vDallas rants!  :rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2019, 09:13:56 PM »

...and I think to myself:  Why?  What pleasure does smack talking give you? 

I was watching 200 last night, and mostly it was all that was going on over 200.  "I'm better than you."  "You must be gay."  That sort of thing.  Really?  Aren't most of us older than 12 or 13?

Just don't get it.

- oldman

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2019, 10:55:11 PM »
That's the thing... as you would know... back a decade ago... hmm... man! that's thought huh  hahahah).. yes there was ego based smack but it was actually quite comical most of the time.and not so toxic.. now much of it is just a cringe.... what has happened to us... why have we got so serious and self important.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2019, 07:35:05 AM »
I just follow the rule of Skuzzy. If you can just follow that one simple rule, all the others fall right into place! Works for me generally in life too. Ain't hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2019, 09:54:54 AM »
No I got muted for your original presumption. If you’ll note. I got muted twice. The first was a 10 minute mute that I missed any warning for. And presumably for continuing the conversation as you suspected. You had it exactly correct.

The final mute was retaliation for being muted. I expected that one.

don't see anything mutable in the in anything except the last comment.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2019, 04:00:51 PM »
“fcalling” is an unintentional typo. I don’t expect you to believe that so let’s (for the sake of argument) say that it wasn’t and I’m lying (also for the sake of argument) about not seeing a warning.

Assuming all that, let me break it down as simple as I can.

Warned. Corrected. Muted anyway.

You can try and tap dance all you want to make it like you were warned or muted incorrectly, the logs clearly show the warnings and mute were justified.

Sometimes you need to take responsibility for your actions instead of trying to excuse your bad behavior.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2019, 04:58:34 PM »
You can try and tap dance all you want to make it like you were warned or muted incorrectly, the logs clearly show the warnings and mute were justified.

Sometimes you need to take responsibility for your actions instead of trying to excuse your bad behavior.
Nobody is tap dancing. I take responsibility for my actions and expect others to do the same. I’ve owned everything I’ve typed in this thread and still do.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2019, 05:57:35 AM »
See rule 4
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:08:42 AM by hitech »

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2019, 05:58:30 AM »
EDIT: Doublepost.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2019, 07:16:18 AM »
See rule 4
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:08:06 AM by hitech »

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2019, 03:24:46 PM »
I agree that the muting seems to be very dependent on the mood of the MOD. I've seen mutes for stuff that I thought was pretty mild. So I see a point here.

I've also seen Lilmak belittle players for no apparent reason other then to get his jollies I guess which could be offensive to some. And I also see a point here.

-my 2 points, er 2 cents

PS: Can you guys quote the rule for those of us that don't know them?
4- Flame baiting, flaming, being abusive, being disrespectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed. If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 03:27:46 PM by hazmatt »

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2019, 04:54:08 PM »
Well, here's a mod thing that recently happened to me (granted I didn't get muted over it, but still!).

200 was active, and a mod (I assume) and another player were taunting each other back and forth. Nothing nasty, just normal chest-thumping. I put my two cents in and said "Xxxx, have you been drinking? You're usually more sane."

And instantly got warned for it!

Seriously. 200 is part of the fun of the game (as is cross-country PMs, but we won't go there atm). Mods ARE needed, but if they're going to use their authority to quash something as mild as that, their authority needs to be looked at more closely.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2019, 08:46:52 PM »
There is no way he is a mod. I saw the post and your reaction. The individual being a turd is not a mod. No way Dale would have someone like that being a mod.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2019, 09:14:03 PM »
There is no way he is a mod. I saw the post and your reaction. The individual being a turd is not a mod. No way Dale would have someone like that being a mod.

People change, or have bad days, or whatever. The warning came within ten seconds of my post, and no one else would possibly have cared about a post as innocuous as mine, except the person at whom it was aimed. He's got to be the mod.

Larger point: if people can't use the authority bestowed upon them in a measured fashion, maybe they are not worthy of it.