Author Topic: What’s up?  (Read 6313 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: What’s up?
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2019, 09:26:59 PM »
People change, or have bad days, or whatever. The warning came within ten seconds of my post, and no one else would possibly have cared about a post as innocuous as mine, except the person at whom it was aimed. He's got to be the mod.

Larger point: if people can't use the authority bestowed upon them in a measured fashion, maybe they are not worthy of it.

Your wrong in many ways.The biggest is you give me no respect because I look at every monitoring complaint ever sent to me or posted ,just like I did in this case.I   can not think of any complaint that was valid.they ALL have been similar to this. If any mod ever displayed any power Trip attidued they would be gone instantly.In fact people some times request/volunteer to be a mod which almost assures they never will be.
HiTech

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2019, 09:59:48 PM »
There is no way he is a mod. I saw the post and your reaction. The individual being a turd is not a mod. No way Dale would have someone like that being a mod.

LOL!!! me a MOD?  LOL that is about as funny as it gets. I also got a warning about the same time "molybdenum" did. The "discussion" was one about players hiding in guns and running to ack instead of fighting. With just over 100 players logged in on a Saturday night, and running into so many players either hiding in a gun.... landing 2 kills time after time.... odd how they only switch guns once they have two kills..... or players running to ack instead of fighting it out, it is frustrating that this game has dissolved to this level. Soon it will be 6-10 guys sitting in guns waiting for the last 3 players in the arena to come into range of the ack.

That was all I was pointing out, and seeing as I "pushed" a player who I thought was "hiding" the MOD thought I was getting too worked up and gave me a warning. Of course I was getting worked up! I play this game to fight other players. If I wanted to dodge ack I'd play off line and save my cable bill. Far too many players are "afraid" to die because it will hurt either their score of there reputation. Grow a set and fight me!

This game has always been about fighting in one way or another..... fight in a furball.....hide and seek in a GV... capture bases and win the war, it all revolves around fighting.... and dying.  Far too many players worry too much about dying. Lilmak ran into a v... um wuss that couldnt handle dying, I ran into a number of them Saturday night. Too many egos, and not enough players is killing this game a bit faster every day.

I salute the MODs for trying to do a good job even if they are not on all the time, nor are they all on the same page. They do what they can.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2019, 10:59:03 PM »
Aces High is such an emotionally charged game that it can be easy to lose perspective and get real-life upset over a video game. I'm as guilty of that as anyone. We all need a constant reminder that Aces High is a happy place where people come to have a good time.

Lilmak is a heck of a fighter and a joy to spar with. I'm always glad when our paths cross because I know that I'm in for a fun and challenging dance of death.

It's a recording of the film viewer so no blackouts etc.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2019, 11:01:25 PM »
LOL!!! me a MOD?  LOL that is about as funny as it gets. I also got a warning about the same time "molybdenum" did. The "discussion" was one about players hiding in guns and running to ack instead of fighting. With just over 100 players logged in on a Saturday night, and running into so many players either hiding in a gun.... landing 2 kills time after time.... odd how they only switch guns once they have two kills..... or players running to ack instead of fighting it out, it is frustrating that this game has dissolved to this level. Soon it will be 6-10 guys sitting in guns waiting for the last 3 players in the arena to come into range of the ack.

That was all I was pointing out, and seeing as I "pushed" a player who I thought was "hiding" the MOD thought I was getting too worked up and gave me a warning. Of course I was getting worked up! I play this game to fight other players. If I wanted to dodge ack I'd play off line and save my cable bill. Far too many players are "afraid" to die because it will hurt either their score of there reputation. Grow a set and fight me!

This game has always been about fighting in one way or another..... fight in a furball.....hide and seek in a GV... capture bases and win the war, it all revolves around fighting.... and dying.  Far too many players worry too much about dying. Lilmak ran into a v... um wuss that couldnt handle dying, I ran into a number of them Saturday night. Too many egos, and not enough players is killing this game a bit faster every day.

I salute the MODs for trying to do a good job even if they are not on all the time, nor are they all on the same page. They do what they can.

And you failed as we were defending a cv. Of course you were not in that fight so you had no idea. There were probably 12 people trying to sink the cv and 6 defending.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2019, 05:53:55 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 08:22:17 AM by hitech »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2019, 07:22:24 AM »
 :aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2019, 05:41:38 PM »
Aces High is such an emotionally charged game that it can be easy to lose perspective and get real-life upset over a video game. I'm as guilty of that as anyone. We all need a constant reminder that Aces High is a happy place where people come to have a good time.

Lilmak is a heck of a fighter and a joy to spar with. I'm always glad when our paths cross because I know that I'm in for a fun and challenging dance of death.

One of the rare fights that keeps me coming back Floob. Once these are gone, I will be too. Sadly these fights are being displaced by the type of play that initiated my calling out the squad of players who were the subject of the clinical language.

However, this thread has served a constructive purpose in my opinion. It’s perhaps (I hope) highlighted a potential flaw in the warning system. Had I seen it or what it contained, the whole episode may have ended differently. I may have discontinued my end of the conversation. Or, had I been angry enough to continue, I would’ve accepted my punishment.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 05:43:20 PM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2019, 08:00:41 PM »

Outstanding, both of you.  Too bad the weiner interrupted.

Floob, I share your affinity for foliage.

- oldman

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2019, 08:38:08 PM »

Outstanding, both of you.......

Wow, I'll say so....great flying both Lil Mak & Floob!   :salute

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2019, 08:16:01 AM »
One of the rare fights that keeps me coming back Floob. Once these are gone, I will be too. Sadly these fights are being displaced by the type of play that initiated my calling out the squad of players who were the subject of the clinical language.

Are you seriously trying to justify your behavior by blaming a squad for initiate your name calling?

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2019, 09:07:07 AM »

However, this thread has served a constructive purpose in my opinion. It’s perhaps (I hope) highlighted a potential flaw in the warning system. Had I seen it or what it contained, the whole episode may have ended differently. I may have discontinued my end of the conversation. Or, had I been angry enough to continue, I would’ve accepted my punishment.

Reminds me of the complaints that light bars and sirens aren't noticeable enough unless you pay attention to your driving.

The flaw is in the player who lacks the self-control to behave within the rules. Be in charge of yourself.

Think of muting as the more obvious warning. Like the tickets before you lose your license.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 09:16:20 AM by FLS »

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2019, 09:58:46 AM »
Are you seriously trying to justify your behavior by blaming a squad for initiating your name calling?

HiTech

No, not justify. But he did call them names for a reason.  It wasn't a random tourettes outburst.  :D

Mak is old school. Been here a long time. There used to be a code, follow by many, but not all, that 1v1's were respected and not interfered with.  Almost no one plays by that code anymore. The board is full of debates on that subject so there's no need to rehash, but the awesome random 1v1 encounter, for some, is the best thing in the game.  It's become rare due to the loss of any respect for 1v1s.  I think Mak just missed the good old days, and perhaps...though futile...thought for a brief, anger induced moment, that he could shame them back into the old ways.   Alas, it wasn't to be.

Who is John Galt?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2019, 10:34:21 AM »
People have always interfered in fights. It's not new.

We have a match arena for 1v1 now since interference sometimes happened even in the dueling arena.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2019, 11:07:25 AM »
People have always interfered in fights. It's not new.

True enough.  But Vink is right, people often used to ask if you wanted help before they cleared your 12 or otherwise interfered in the fight.

- oldman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »

True enough.  But Vink is right, people often used to ask if you wanted help before they cleared your 12 or otherwise interfered in the fight.

- oldman

I agree it's a nice way to play. I also understand shooting the first bandit you see.

There is an old debate about flying "historically", meaning no fun for the bandit, and it's effect on game play.

The point of "historical" flying was to discourage the enemy from fighting. It still works.   :aok

Be fun to play with.