Author Topic: New Computer  (Read 516 times)

Offline A8cole

• Zinc Member
New Computer
« on: December 11, 2019, 04:42:21 PM »
Sorry if this has already been discussed recently, but I just built a new computer and had a quick question. Back in the day, all you had to copy over was the settings folder. Is that still the case, or can I copy over the stickdef, skins, settings, etc? Just trying to make the transition as painless as possible.

Thanks,
Cole

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: New Computer
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 04:49:52 PM »
As long as it's from a current AH3 installation you can copy everything.

If it's from an older version just copy the jsm and kbd files.

Offline A8cole

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 05:00:22 PM »
It is an up to date version. My concern is I am going from Win 7 to Win 10. I am not sure if that makes a difference? Basically, downloading the game again and was going to replace the settings, stickdef and skins folders. Just so I understand, are you saying I can just take the contents of the C:\HiTech Creations\Aces High III folder from the old machine(WIN7) and once the new installation is complete on the new WIN10, copy all files over? Sorry, just wanted to be clear.

Thanks!
Cole

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 06:41:10 PM »
I would let Win10 install a fresh download of AH3 then just copy some of your settings since you'll have new hardware. Copy skins, maps, the planes folder etc and the login.cfg, jsm and kbd files from the settings folder. You can always copy more later.

Offline A8cole

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 06:44:30 PM »
Awesome. Will give that a try. Thanks FLS!

:cheers: