Author Topic: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?  (Read 62217 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?
« Reply #600 on: February 04, 2020, 09:30:21 AM »
I’m not defending him, I’m calling ACE out.  Big difference. 

You guys wonder why this game is dying?  Add your post to the list of reasons. It’s always an attack on anyone who doesn’t toe the party line. Toxic.

If you say so Boomer.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #601 on: February 04, 2020, 09:31:26 AM »
If you say so Boomer.

Coogan

I’m 38. Try again. 

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #602 on: February 04, 2020, 09:32:23 AM »
You don’t owe us an explanation. That clown has been doing dirty stuff on these boards for a while now. Like for example calling people names getting a response and then editing his original post. Lame stuff.

While no explanation is needed by Hitch, there are a few things that do need to be cleared up.

A lot of those edits that you see in his post where because of me getting a hold of him and telling him to soften his posts a bit, some of them were done for spelling and sure, some of them may have been used to snipe with. No more passive aggressive than any other person on these boards in a conversation in which they are adamant. You all were rude to each other in just about every encounter you had. The difference is I believe you all knew what buttons to push to receive the response that you wanted and he fell for it every time.

Does that make any of his responses right? No.

Does that mean that it absolves you guys of your role in those conversations? No.

He's a grown man and is accountable for his actions like the rest of us.

Just remember it takes two to tango.

In the end Hitech saw it fit to remove him from the forums for his posts.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #603 on: February 04, 2020, 09:32:32 AM »
I had in the 80s' an 8088 PC that required a 31/2 disc of DOS 2.1 to boot.  At that time I got into the autoexec.Bat file to modify and remark to free more memory so that I could play a game (Their Finest Hour etc.)  In other words I made my own Boot Discs for the games I played.  I believe I had 256K of memory then.  I later added another 256K to make it 512K.  The memory cards back then were almost as large as a modern Video Card. 
Dang kids and their newfangled electronics.  You needed to cut your teeth on the old S100 system like the IMSAI. Just had to make sure you new all the hex codes to boot it and get the switches right. That monster had a power supply that could dim the lights on the whole block as it warmed up your 4K of RAM. RAM expansion was easy, a 2nd mortgage and another huge box to add.  :aok
Welcome back Hajo. :salute
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 04, 2020, 09:33:24 AM »
I never saw him do that but your pattern shows you stalked the guy all over the boards. LET IT GO.

Welcome to the AH BBS, new guy.  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #605 on: February 04, 2020, 09:33:55 AM »
Dang kids and their newfangled electronics.  You needed to cut your teeth on the old S100 system like the IMSAI. Just had to make sure you new all the hex codes to boot it and get the switches right. That monster had a power supply that could dim the lights on the whole block as it warmed up your 4K of RAM. RAM expansion was easy, a 2nd mortgage and another huge box to add.  :aok
(Image removed from quote.)

Holy Dinasuar
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Palace Cobra

• Copper Member
« Reply #606 on: February 04, 2020, 09:38:30 AM »
Welcome to the AH BBS, new guy.  :)

Thanks, Lusche. I’m actually a retread considering a return. I stumbled into this mess on my second day back. Hard to believe it’s come to this. 

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #607 on: February 04, 2020, 10:05:37 AM »
Looking at patterns of posting is certainly informative.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #608 on: February 04, 2020, 12:48:29 PM »
That was rather quick! :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #609 on: February 04, 2020, 02:17:11 PM »
 :noid

:rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #610 on: February 04, 2020, 03:54:37 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That's funny. My first computer besides the Commodore 64 was an 8088 from Radio Shack. It did not come with a sound card so I had to buy one and install it. It did not work right away.......oh they had these things called IRQ's back then. I had to choose an IRQ that did not conflict with the other devices.  :D
When I started playing Red Baron online some of the players had Pentium chips and their planes could turn faster.
Oh, I had to get one right away. LOL. So, I got a Pentium.  :D  I booted from Dos to play instead of Windows because there were more resources for the game. 16 colors LOL  When you shot down another plane the animations were hilarious. Yep, things have changed a little. I just finished building a new computer and my only problem was installing Windows 10, but some online reading and a few changes to the motherboard bios and it was up and running in no time.

I hope we pick up more players. I love AH.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #611 on: February 04, 2020, 04:05:18 PM »
Remember getting challenged by Lothar von Richthofen to a duel and he show's up with wingmen? Red Baron is why I went from amber to EGA.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #612 on: February 04, 2020, 05:11:03 PM »
I’m not defending him, I’m calling ACE out.  Big difference. 

You guys wonder why this game is dying?  Add your post to the list of reasons. It’s always an attack on anyone who doesn’t toe the party line. Toxic.

dude what you talking about, everybody knows he got the hammer because he makes steaks well done and uses a1 sauce. and we can't allow that kind of people.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #613 on: February 04, 2020, 05:51:18 PM »
dude what you talking about, everybody knows he got the hammer because he makes steaks well done and uses a1 sauce. and we can't allow that kind of people.

semp
Was pretty much it for me too!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #614 on: February 04, 2020, 07:31:58 PM »

semp

I was gonna say ketchup! 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek