Author Topic: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?  (Read 62910 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?
« Reply #420 on: December 26, 2019, 09:13:55 PM »
If you're new you're seeing it for the first time.   :D

:rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #421 on: December 26, 2019, 10:36:36 PM »
This guy right here... .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sh__!   LOL!!   :rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #422 on: December 27, 2019, 08:55:15 AM »

....and if you checked out the web site/game last year you notice nothing has changed. That looks good too.

Humor is a marker for something...   :cheers:

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #423 on: December 27, 2019, 12:53:03 PM »
Aaaaaaaaand the conversation takes the route of all discussions on this bulletin board... Wisecracking, banter and cynical if not acid remarks of the usual oldtimers that shuts down all brainstorming, analysis or even constructive suggestions to make this game better/more appealing or even viable to live into the future.

I wish just once the posts would stay on topic and constructive.

What are you guys going to do with your lives when this BBS gets shut down along with the rest of this game? Go on WarThunders Discord (ask your grandchildren to set that up for you!)?

Litjan

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #424 on: December 27, 2019, 01:08:35 PM »
Aaaaaaaaand the conversation takes the route of all discussions on this bulletin board... Wisecracking, banter and cynical if not acid remarks of the usual oldtimers that shuts down all brainstorming, analysis or even constructive suggestions to make this game better/more appealing or even viable to live into the future.

What are you guys going to do with your lives when this BBS gets shut down along with the rest of this game? Go on WarThunders Discord (ask your grandchildren to set that up for you!)?

Litjan

It would appear that some of the old timers are afraid of anything that may cause a ripple in their pond.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #425 on: December 27, 2019, 03:14:31 PM »
It would appear that some of the old timers are afraid of anything that may cause a ripple in their pond.

Hehe, what happens if you were able to convince the "old timers"  that a new idea is a good idea?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #426 on: December 27, 2019, 03:16:21 PM »
Hehe, what happens if you were able to convince the "old timers"  that a new idea is a good idea?

I believe world hunger would be easier to solve haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #427 on: December 27, 2019, 03:46:55 PM »
Hey guys, been a long time.  I cancelled my sub quite a while ago simply because I didn't play anymore.  I had been hanging around for scenarios for a while before that but (no offense to Brook) when ROC quite running the scenarios and the set-ups became a forum free-for-all I gave up on those too.

I agree that there has to be a free to play aspect to this game to get people into it.  I've argued in the past that the old H2H arenas should make a return.  I realize someone hacked the game but why didn't HT just ban the offenders instead of closing the whole H2H arenas down and losing more people?  I also know HT has said the H2H players weren't converting to subscribers but did he ever offer them a limited time discount to try the MA's?  Maybe $5-10/mo for 3-6 mo. or something?  Baby steps are better than nothing.  Maybe a limited plane set in the MA could work but it might frustrate new players even more.

I also look back at all the things in the game that have been lost.  As much as many didn't like it some people loved the stealth game... NOE, undetectable ground missions, bomber radar avoidance, etc.  Gone, and so are the players.  Easy targets... you used to be able to take out a V-base in a single bomber pass, proliferation of auto-ack, ability to destroy radar easily, etc, etc.  And where are those players?  Gone.  Squads, missions, hordes... no longer enough people to sustain.  How about sitting INSIDE of a GV?  Or having a separate driver and gunner?  Can you even gun for a bomber pilot anymore (I'm really not sure)?  In many ways I think HT should take some of these settings back 20 years and add the fun back into the game for the less skilled.  Many on the BBS denigrate arcade but there should be arcade type elements incorporated into the game to attract those players.  On the other hand the settings should be as close to realistic as possible (radar, number of ack, city/town design, etc.) without artificial restraints imposed.

And then there's the community.  I have a lot of old acquaintances here but when a trainer used my dueling ladder stats to tell me I wasn't qualified to help a new player that was the beginning of the end.  And finally the straw that ultimately broke the camels back was when the new graphics were launched.  I tried to drag my old settings (controls, head positions, etc.) into the new game but none of them worked and I didn't want to have to start over. 

Look, there's four major phases every business goes through; start-up, growth, maturity and decline.  Phase three typically requires new investment if phase four is to be avoided.  HT attempted this with the new graphics/version but it was already too late.  At this point he's likely better off to reduce expenses and milk what's left for as long as possible so I don't expect there will be a lot of new toys or marketing but, a return to some of the old game elements would be an inexpensive way to try to lure back some of those lost over the years.

Later

BE
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 03:49:02 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 27, 2019, 03:47:09 PM »

But there is no need to convince anyone but HiTech. None of us "old timers" has any say in the way AH is run. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #429 on: December 27, 2019, 04:14:32 PM »

+1

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #430 on: December 27, 2019, 04:16:38 PM »
But there is no need to convince anyone but HiTech. None of us "old timers" has any say in the way AH is run. ;)

Some people will never believe that. And they'll never believe we're all on the same side and we all want the same thing.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #431 on: December 27, 2019, 04:20:56 PM »

Exactly.  But the hamsters keep running.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #432 on: December 27, 2019, 04:22:02 PM »

Yeah, but groupthink and echo chambers can be a bad influence.   (Not that Hitech can't think for himself, obviously.   Of course he can and does.)
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #433 on: December 27, 2019, 04:26:17 PM »

Litjan

You might try searching the BBS to see how old a lot of the so called "brain storming" is........

Last time I checked... not one of you were on the BOD at HiTech Creations.

Perhaps if you spent more time flying and less time trying to run someone else's company.....  the game would be better.

If you actually have something that you think HiTech can't do without, try emailing it to his office. He may be receptive, he might not be. At least you tried. Then you can go to the next company and turn them around... and the next.... etc.

You can go on an make snide remarks about folks who have been here a long time if you want..... most of us will just ignore that and then continue ignoring anything else you say. It just thins your audience. In the end, we are still here and the game we have supported all these years is still here. HiTech has his work cut out for him and I have no doubt he is working on it... it is his livelihood and also those he employs.

I am done with this thread.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #434 on: December 27, 2019, 04:28:03 PM »
Yeah, but groupthink and echo chambers can be a bad influence.   (Not that Hitech can't think for himself, obviously.   Of course he can and does.)

You just mean the other group think that disagrees, not the group think that agrees.    :devil