Author Topic: Soda's aircraft evaluation  (Read 409 times)

Offline 2Dizzy

• Zinc Member
Soda's aircraft evaluation
« on: December 30, 2019, 01:05:33 PM »
After a few hours searching and preparing, I have a nice surprise: I have the complete set of the Soda aircraft evaluation ready in PDF's (1 pdf-file/type of plane). Plane-types after Soda made his write ups are not included, such as F4U-1A, Yak-3 and a few others.

If people interested they can give me a shout. I can send the file (zipped) by email. (provide your email address plz,  ;)  )

Another option is: if anyone can tell me if it is possible to attach a 6mb file in a BBS topic, I'll upload it.

A third option is that HTC gets the file on th BBS/downloads (Dale Addink, is that possible?).

And last: wouldn't it be nice to get a few people together, to fill in a "Soda-like" write-up for the missing plane sets. With some input from players we could manage to make the set complete again. I'm more then willing to do the editing needed to get it into the right content and tone.

<S> 2DIZZY

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Soda's aircraft evaluation
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 01:17:28 PM »
Another option is to host it on a file sharing service and post a link.

Offline 2Dizzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 01:34:40 PM »
Didn’t think about that one. Thanks  :aok

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 01:44:43 PM »
There is a lot of new planes and plane  versions that have been added to the game since Soda last time he started updating his AH Aircraft Evaluation charts.....

So much of the old but good and relevant training materials, training write-ups and training aides have been lost...due to broken URL links, or people lossing interest in completing stuff on the AHWiki (<-------this had so  much potential, yet most did not realize it)

Stuff like Fugitive's Flash Tutorials (think I, myself, went back a few times and re-uploaded and hosted them on the old trainers website before this last makeover, where Skuzzy wanted it to be built using "looma" program (spelling?) to where it looked similar to AH's main website....

Be nice to have or make a suppository that we all could upload material to....hmm or create a place on the AHWiki site and update the AHWiki as well....

Just thinking out loud....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 02:45:42 PM »
Be nice to have or make a suppository that we all could upload material to....hmm or create a place on the AHWiki site and update the AHWiki as well....

I hope you meant repository. Don't think anyone wants to upload to a suppository.  :x
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."