Author Topic: looking for a couple skins i used to like  (Read 432 times)

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
looking for a couple skins i used to like
« on: January 05, 2020, 09:17:00 PM »
greebo made  ablue b24 skin that u used to usEoften. cant find it in the drop down list
and im looking foir a b17 skin that had a the letter C ON THE TAIL FIN, I THINK MY OLD FRIEND KEV 367TH
MADE IT. IF Any of you guys rememember the squad associated with those skins, thank you for helping me.

cheers, COOLEY 367TH.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:19:29 PM by Cooley »
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: looking for a couple skins i used to like
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 03:25:22 AM »
You can download my blue VPB111/USN B-24 skin from this link to the AH Skins page. I updated it a few years ago, adding a specular and bump map and changing the colours. IIRC the old top colours were a lot bluer but the duller colours it has now are more accurate.

You should be able to find all Kev's B-17 skins elsewhere on the same site. However none of his skins show screenshots so you'd just have to download them all and view them in the game to find the one you want. Bear in mind that Kev's skins were done before things like specular maps and bump maps were introduced to the game. In AH3 any old skins that lack these maps have a chrome-like finish that really spoils their appearance.

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 02:35:04 PM »
thanks Greebbo.we miss your F6-F HELLCAT PATROLLING THE SKIES OF ACES HIGH. HOPE TO SEE YA SOON,
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
Cooleyof 367th

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 08:47:36 PM »
He is working on skins still. Still doing amazing work with the skinning team.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 05:04:45 AM »
thanks Greebbo.we miss your F6-F HELLCAT PATROLLING THE SKIES OF ACES HIGH. HOPE TO SEE YA SOON,
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

I miss the MA but living in the UK time zone there are not enough players to make it worth me logging into it until its close to midnight. These days though I am too tired to play that late at night and I just end up embarrassing myself. Personally I think the MA needs formations of AI bombers to give air to air players focus points that could generate fights away from AA guns and flakpanzers. However I made that suggestion a long time ago and apparently it's never going to happen.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 09:32:57 AM »
I miss the MA but living in the UK time zone there are not enough players to make it worth me logging into it until its close to midnight. These days though I am too tired to play that late at night and I just end up embarrassing myself. Personally I think the MA needs formations of AI bombers to give air to air players focus points that could generate fights away from AA guns and flakpanzers. However I made that suggestion a long time ago and apparently it's never going to happen.

This.   

You need some stuff for people to shoot at.

I remember games like "Aces Over Europe" being a real blast against AI.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)