Author Topic: Snapshot Massive Midway Mayhem  (Read 855 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Snapshot Massive Midway Mayhem
« on: December 21, 2019, 01:51:32 AM »
January 25th 2020.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,398747.0.html

This is open to all players and squads.  28 aircraft carrier fleets up for sinking!!!! 

Axis squads most welcome to fly.  Your choice of aircraft and mission.  Your squads can lead the Japanese side to victory.

FSO squads are most welcome to fly also.  A good way to recruit for FSO.

Lone wolf pilots are welcome to fly too.  You can fly your own personal mission.

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: Snapshot Massive Midway Mayhem
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 03:04:35 AM »
Blue planes!

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 05:52:17 AM »
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »
Ki-67s or B-26s?  That's a hard decision for me to make.  Can I have some votes on which aircraft for me to fly?

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 10:11:38 PM »
I took the volunteer  Japanese CO/CIC role for the event.

Are there any volunteers to handle the Allied side? 

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 09:48:00 PM »
This Saturday on Jan 11th at 9PM EST/8PM CST in SEA2, I will be hosting a Practice Event for the upcoming 25th event.  For a couple of hours, all players will be invited to play.  I will be testing the radar setting to get them where I want them to be.  I'll be jumping back and forth from Axis and Allied to answer any questions.  I'll also be on vox 202.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 06:58:42 AM »
KOTH is being held in SEA2 that day.  I will hold the practice event in SEA1.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 05:22:58 AM »
Practice event is Saturday Jan 11th in SEA 1 at 9PM EST/ 8PM CST.  The arena is set with MOTD all ready loaded. 

All are welcome to fly the event.

Less than 13 hours to go!!!!

:salute

Offline akbmzawy

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 12:22:16 PM »
Will the B-26 be carrier enabled?

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »
I can't make it this evening.  I will be at the main even though!  :rock
FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 03:48:13 PM »
Will the B-26 be carrier enabled?

Bombers are land based.

I can't make it this evening.  I will be at the main even though!  :rock

Sorry to hear that.  You'll be missing the best intense bombing action against naval fleets.  Maybe you'll change your mind.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 03:51:58 PM »
4 hours to go until showdown!!!!  :salute

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 10:10:27 PM »
Logs are posted for the Practice Massive Midway Mayhem event.  ahevents.org then Event Logs then Snapshot and then Practice Massive Midway Mayhem.

Thanks to all who flew.  It was successful in finding the right balance with the settings and operations.

Minor changes before the 25th Event.
All CVs will be operational with all fighter planes and carrier naval bomber planes.
Radar altitude will begin at 2000 ft.
Radar update will be at 2.5 minutes.
Enemy bombers will show as fighters.
Mouse Over player ID function will be disabled.

:salute

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 09:40:56 PM »
Twin engine bombers will be added to the operational aircraft carriers.  They will be single ship take offs.  CVs don't allow formations due to being in the code.

The practice event really helped to see another minor issue.  USN aircraft have more ord carrying capability.  1000lb bombs will be disabled.  Rockets will remain.  Japanese aircraft will have no restrictions except for B5N2 torpedo only.  TBM is still torpedo only.

I'll have new writeup done with the changes.  Would like to see a great turnout.  April will be next Midway event.  A possible way to incorporate PT Boats for both sides can be implemented for next event.  Maybe anti-aircraft vehicles defensing the airfields until VH is destroyed.

Japanese won the practice round.  Who will win the main event?