Author Topic: Opinions on FSO T+60 launches  (Read 2287 times)

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
Re: Opinions on FSO T+60 launches
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 03:10:26 PM »
My questions to the FSO community for feedback on the 2nd Life Aircraft, do you want to just dogfight with 2 different choices of lesser fighter aircraft that becomes players flying around in hopes to find a close enemy fighter or have a lesser fighter and lesser bomber and carry out the FSO Objectives in pushing the fight back to the original targets?

I like the second option also, as well as (in my opinion) just the one secondary ride, I can envision a scenario where the friendlies have cleared out all enemies in the area, are low on fuel and ammo and have to get home, but behind them spawn infinite red guys with fresh aircraft and the red mist in their eyes!
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »
I completely understand the want and need to keep the sanctity of the one life event.  However, FSO is bleeding out.  Heck the Pigs are bleeding out too.  Other squadrons feel it as well I am sure.  New stuff needs to be thrown out there to bring in folks from the melee arena, even if it means ruffling the feathers of us seasoned fellas.  What occurs typically right now for the Pigs is that right after the big clash around T+ 60 everyone lands and they are done for the night.  A couple of us off to the now emptier melee arena and most off to other games entirely.  There must be a payoff in action for the time invested.  I do not think it is too horrible of a demand.  However it rolls, the Pigs will be there until FSO is no more.

OINK
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2020, 06:38:21 PM »
My questions to the FSO community for feedback on the 2nd Life Aircraft, do you want to just dogfight with 2 different choices of lesser fighter aircraft that becomes players flying around in hopes to find a close enemy fighter or have a lesser fighter and lesser bomber and carry out the FSO Objectives in pushing the fight back to the original targets?

Second option is preferable. Objectives still matter. Dogfights are going to happen, regardless.

T+60 aircraft are still scenario based. It is the mix of planes that makes or breaks the experience. Who ups a Stuka or a Yak 7 in the MA anymore.

Keep up the good work.  :salute
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 01:28:25 AM »
From what I've heard from several other players is that they wanted to be able to have the option to either up the 2ndplane t hour 2 or up their 1st plane set. I personally would like that option also. That option might also keep players playing till the end  :cheers: :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 05:25:04 PM »
I like having the option of trying to finish an uncompleted objective.  Yeah, I was one of the few that were dumb enough to try and take Stukas to the target town last frame and had a blast doing it  :x

I also enjoy the upfront bases for the potential of T+60 furballing if that’s my hearts desire for the evening.  As long as one of the bases cannot be capped as easily to allow for safe launches.
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 08:32:06 PM »
As long as one of the bases cannot be capped as easily to allow for safe launches.

That really can't be guaranteed, especially if the bases are closer.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 08:41:31 PM »
Perhaps de-acking of bases should be a no no, either that or ack effectiveness turn up at +1 hour.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2020, 11:01:00 AM »
... either that or ack effectiveness turn up at +1 hour.

Unfortunately, that might mess with second strikes at the target base/town, as I don't believe it can be done at the base level.  However, if some anti-aircraft GVs could be allowed at the specific T+60 bases...  ;)
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2020, 08:20:14 PM »
That really can't be guaranteed, especially if the bases are closer.

Don't disclose what bases will be open to other country and don't make 1 of the bases that was a target for the enemy a base to be used for 2nd lives.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2020, 09:08:39 PM »
Don't disclose what bases will be open to other country and don't make 1 of the bases that was a target for the enemy a base to be used for 2nd lives.

This Hour 2 part has been very experimental with both good and bad results.  The bad has been a 2nd hour airfield as a target.  That can be remedied going forward.

The good part is both sides knowing where the 2nd hour bases are to quicken the continued pace of combat.  If the 2nd hour bases were kept hidden from the other side, then the players would have to spend time searching for red planes.  The window for the 2nd hour is 30 minutes for Fields Open.  Logistically, the rank and file players (50+) would have to rely on the their squad leadership and CIC to know where the 2nd hour bases are located.  This would slow down the 2nd hour planes being put back in the air with constant text bombardment of this issue.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?