Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126096 times)

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1515 on: March 23, 2020, 01:58:46 PM »
Planting Potatoes today, Easy as hell to grow, and great yield for the effort, (rototiller)..
Plant now, they will be ready in July, Plant in April, ready in August, on and on..

Just in case things get way out of hand..

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1516 on: March 23, 2020, 02:19:18 PM »
John Hopkins updated their map, you can see the clusters better in the US now. 

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1517 on: March 23, 2020, 02:28:12 PM »
Planting Potatoes today, Easy as hell to grow, and great yield for the effort, (rototiller)..
Plant now, they will be ready in July, Plant in April, ready in August, on and on..

Just in case things get way out of hand..

Potatoes would be my last choice since I am carnivore now, but they are a great survival crop. 
Easy to grow and easy to store long term.
You could live a long time on rice, beans, potatoes and bacon.
You ever see how they grow them in a barrel?  Start with a little dirt in the bottom plant your taters.  As they grow, keep adding dirt and they keep growing above it.  All along the way they are sprouting taters. At the end, you dump out a full barrel of taters.

Also look up "Mound Gardening".  Quickest, least effort way to get a survival garden going.  Can be done incrementally so you can get some going immediately why you add others. Then get a rotation going.  Certain plants should be paired together for symbiosis.  I used have a cool book on it somewhere.  Make better use of little odd growing spaces here or there.  A Native American technique.
http://www.nativetech.org/cornhusk/threesisters.html

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #1518 on: March 23, 2020, 03:46:04 PM »
today i won't buy fresh fruit or vegetables.  except tomatoes and onions.  people touch them and I'm not taking a risk.  wifey s lungs aren't that good, so she's a high risk. 

You are a good and admirable man, Semp.

If you want, you can probably be OK with fresh stuff if you wash if you soap it up (a little dish soap) and rinse.  Too hard to do with leafy things like lettuce, but works fine with carrots, apples, oranges, cucumbers, potatoes, bananas, and so on.  Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, etc. are probably workable -- swish around in soapy water, then rinse thoroughly.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #1519 on: March 23, 2020, 05:12:13 PM »
i know a few old timers from the legion.  they're living on 8 or 900 bucks a month.  they all have food, always have. guess they grew up in a different time. i call them everyday and biggest complain i hear is that they miss the legion.

semp

Chuikov

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1520 on: March 23, 2020, 05:12:39 PM »
Retirement savings in the Age of CoronaVirus:

Sorry.  Gallows humor. 
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1521 on: March 23, 2020, 06:52:42 PM »
Buy NVDA. Best suggestion I can make.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1522 on: March 23, 2020, 07:27:46 PM »
I'm 57 and it presented just like a heart attack at 4:00 am so we went in.

Jeez, Icepac, I hope that you are doing OK.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1523 on: March 23, 2020, 08:09:01 PM »

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1524 on: March 23, 2020, 08:55:25 PM »
Yeah.  You know that 500bn they are trying to get through today?

Throwing around 500bn in secret is a recipe for Crony Capitalism.

Yep.

In addition to Federal Government spending (money to this or that crony business who needs it because it blew all its cash during the roaring teens on stock buybacks), there is the amount the Fed creates.

The Fed has been doing QE-style stuff already.  About $1 trillion since September 2019.  And the latest rate is $0.5 trillion per month (note it going vertical at the end of this graph):

I'm worried not about $500B, but the $5 trillion or $50 trillion that is coming.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1525 on: March 24, 2020, 01:17:21 AM »

Well, technically he was correct.  It has prevented him from getting CoronaVirus now.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/man-dies-wife-in-critical-condition-after-ingesting-chloroquine-phosphate-hoping-to-stave-off-coronavirus-2020-03-23?mod=home-page

OK, guys.  In case it needed saying.. don't eat your aquarium chemicals...mmmmm-k?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1526 on: March 24, 2020, 02:37:20 AM »
Well, technically he was correct.  It has prevented him from getting CoronaVirus now.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/man-dies-wife-in-critical-condition-after-ingesting-chloroquine-phosphate-hoping-to-stave-off-coronavirus-2020-03-23?mod=home-page

OK, guys.  In case it needed saying.. don't eat your aquarium chemicals...mmmmm-k?

i have a friend that sells collodial silver, she actually makes it and uses it and has a firm belief that it works.  she's not making millions just a few hundred bucks. i have to bite my tongue because... 

she thinks it will keep her safe.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1527 on: March 24, 2020, 03:46:56 AM »
she actually makes it and uses it

I hope that she doesn't go too far with it, like the guy who turned himself into a smurf with it.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1528 on: March 24, 2020, 06:26:34 AM »
Snoring is bad! Sadly, we have little control over it.

When you snore, you aspirate the virus particles that collect at the back of your throat into your lungs. 
Since the young snore far less than adults, it could be why they suffer less lung complications.
The young who snore badly are likely the ones who suffer more complications than those who don't.

Sniffing is bad!

If you "sniff" your runny nose up to swallow or you do it before you spit it out, you are aspirating virus particles into your lungs.   
When you cough, sneeze, or are hocking loogies to spit out, exhale what breath you have left and turn around before inhaling again.

BLOW BLOW BLOW YOUR NOSE

The whole point of this post is to minimize the amount of virus in your lungs. 

I'm talking about your own welfare here so you must apply proper etiquette to protect others when you do this.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 08:14:08 AM by icepac »

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1529 on: March 24, 2020, 11:43:55 AM »
My girl, as I write this,  is on the front lines testing people for coronavirus.   

I doubt we can both avoid getting it so we're hoping receiving minimum virus particles at time of infection will make for a mild case.

I set up a "triage unit" in the garage with carpet and mood lighting where she can drive in, shed her clothes, disinfect her hands and face (only parts exposed) and run inside for a shower.     

Then we clean her car, shoes, doorknobs on the house, and wash her clothes.   

Then we clean again.

I originally had a gastrointestinal issue in late january from using our wellwater for brushing my teeth when part of our system (the UV light chamber) was malfunctioning.   

I'm 57 and it presented just like a heart attack at 4:00 am so we went in.   
My left arm bicep was cramping but that was probably from the extreme raking and sweeping I did the day before. 
I actually passed out during receiving and knew it was coming as the tingling started in fingers and feet before progressing until my entire body was tingling except my chest......which still hurt.   

When tunnel vision started in, I used same process pilots use to keep from gLoc and my vision opened back up but after 9 or 10 times, I laid down on the floor with my knees up and got one more full field of vision before the darkness came.   Luckily, I had empty bowels and bladder and woke up in a chair.     

They told me I was mumbling and playing air guitar before I fully regained consciousness.

They kept me for 2 days of tests and observation while I did all the tests with treadmill and such with imaging and two types of radioactive isotopes.........one injected and one oral.

I figured they would recommend stents or a bypass since I exist on bacon, captain crunch, and oreos but they said my arteries looked great and there was zero indication of heart muscle damage.

I tested negative for the flu and they released me.   

Started  feeling only marginally better for about a day at home until I presented classic flu symptoms.     It hit hard and I spent two weeks in bed.    I felt the very beginnings of lung issues just as I recovered but not enough to show up when listening with a stethoscope.   It went away in 2 days but I coughed up stuff for 2 weeks after.   

I'm hoping my coronavirus case will feel much the same or less severe and am already gargling mouthwash and such but I haven't yet convinced my girl that I need shots of whiskey as a preventative measure.

It was hard enough to convince her that we may need guns until I found a cheap broken gun in her lingerie drawer and fixed it up.    As of yesterday, she wants more guns.....LOL.

I also got a large cylinder of oxygen "for my welder" and surgical tubing but it's really there in case either of us run into low O2 levels in our blood before we can secure professional medical help.   
We won't let it give us a false sense of security but rather use it to deal with what would probably be a long wait for treatment.    The plan is to do our waiting in the car with the cylinder while we wait for a text from the hospital that treatment is available though we might have to wait longer at home...........hence the cylinder.

I huffed it like Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet a few days ago and no bad tastes or negative effects other than pretty intense drying so work out a way to combat that.   
If you guys have any ideas.....let me know.

Run the O2 through a water bubbler,an old bong might work but itcant be too hard to come up with a better solution,as a bonus the water will hold any impurities like oils that might be present in the welding tank/nonmedical O2. A pvc pipe with in inlet and outlet,add water and you have a bong..... :devil

:salute