Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 126084 times)

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1665 on: March 27, 2020, 01:53:44 PM »
It's on Duck Duck..
Iceland Scientists find 40 mutations..

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1666 on: March 27, 2020, 02:08:23 PM »
It's on Duck Duck..
Iceland Scientists find 40 mutations..

Found it.  Actually that has a good side and a bad side.

On the bad side, it makes it harder to make a vaccine.

On the good side, over time, virus' tend to mutate toward less virulent forms. There is less economic advantage for them to kill off their hosts.

[Edit]  Of course, it doesn't always do that.  I think the Spanish Flu mutated to a more virulent form by the Fall and that was when the majority of the 20 million deaths occurred.    :O

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 02:10:55 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #1667 on: March 27, 2020, 02:42:03 PM »
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1670 on: March 27, 2020, 05:05:42 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl

Serum-plasma treatment is the entire premise of I Am Legend (book) and how it began in the movie and The Omega Man.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 05:11:01 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #1671 on: March 27, 2020, 05:11:32 PM »
As for blame, it's obvious that China lying and covering this up is why it's a pandemic and not just another local outbreak. It's also the reason the initial response was slow all over the world. 

I think we can also blame the national stockpile of masks being depleted in 2009 and not being restocked on somebody.

If blaming someone for the unforeseen, makes you feel more righteous than someone else, then go for it. I see little gained by that.

China was very quick (January 2020) through the work of Dr. Edward Holmes, PhD, with the University of Sydney and Dr. Yong-Zhen Zhang, PhD, with  University in Shanghai to publish to the world the genetic code of this virus. Considering the virus was only identified in November 2019, I at a loss to see the lies or the cover up.

This code will provide the information to allow the best antiviral researchers in the world to find the vaccine necessary to eradicate this disease.

If you really need to find blame, lay it upon cheap air travel and ultra long range airliners. Having been an airline pilot and understanding how pressurization and air conditioning systems work, I cannot envisage a more efficient petry dish for assuring efficient spread of the virus to all aboard.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #1672 on: March 27, 2020, 06:00:22 PM »
No politics
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:15:00 PM by hitech »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1673 on: March 27, 2020, 06:06:20 PM »
:rofl

Serum-plasma treatment is the entire premise of I Am Legend (book) and how it began in the movie and The Omega Man.

Heh.  I just got through listen to the book on Audible last Fall.  It gives me something to do while driving out to my cabin.  Nothing like listening to "I Am Legend" driving down deserted country dirt roads late at night.  Just hoping those reflected eyes I see glowing in the bushes are coyotes.     :uhoh

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1674 on: March 27, 2020, 06:14:59 PM »
No politics
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 10:15:25 PM by hitech »

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #1675 on: March 27, 2020, 06:29:35 PM »

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1676 on: March 27, 2020, 06:52:26 PM »

I promised to keep politics off the AH web aboard and I will keep that promise, I wish others would respect the decision we as a group made that day.  Its unfortunately clear that some just cant help themselves.  This is one of the most selfish, hateful, political opinions I have ever seen in these boards.

No, I see no need to continue the discussion with the closed bitter mindedness seen today in this post and wont respond further. I know that decision only furthers to embolden your political hate, but this is it.

Be Safe All, we will get through this.

Hungry

"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #1677 on: March 27, 2020, 06:53:43 PM »
I don't care....

All of Firetechs posts have been TDS
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #1678 on: March 27, 2020, 06:54:08 PM »
If blaming someone for the unforeseen, makes you feel more righteous than someone else, then go for it. I see little gained by that.

China was very quick (January 2020) through the work of Dr. Edward Holmes, PhD, with the University of Sydney and Dr. Yong-Zhen Zhang, PhD, with  University in Shanghai to publish to the world the genetic code of this virus. Considering the virus was only identified in November 2019, I at a loss to see the lies or the cover up.

This code will provide the information to allow the best antiviral researchers in the world to find the vaccine necessary to eradicate this disease.

If you really need to find blame, lay it upon cheap air travel and ultra long range airliners. Having been an airline pilot and understanding how pressurization and air conditioning systems work, I cannot envisage a more efficient petry dish for assuring efficient spread of the virus to all aboard.

A study by the University of Southampton published this month tells us how China’s cover-up affected the spread of the virus:

The study estimates that by the end of February 2020 there was a total of 114, 325 COVID-19 cases in China. It shows that without non-pharmaceutical interventions – such as early detection, isolation of cases, travel restrictions and cordon sanitaire – the number of infected people would have been 67 times larger than that which actually occurred.
The research also found that if interventions in the country could have been conducted one week, two weeks, or three weeks earlier, cases could have been reduced by 66 percent, 86 percent and 95 percent respectively – significantly limiting the geographical spread of the disease.

China waited three weeks to inform WHO and pressured trading partners to keep travel open.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1679 on: March 27, 2020, 07:46:04 PM »
Oh Great! :bolt:

A university in Iceland did a genetic study within their small population, that allowed them to track it directly back to the source carriers.. One from Italy, One from Austria, One from UK.. Apparently, they are separate mutations.. Now they have discovered 40 mutations.. And, that a person can have more than one mutation at the same time..

Maybe that's why people are getting re-infected???

Interesting since they said it has a stable genome. Only about 5 mutations.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)