Author Topic: AT&T UVerse IP Addresses - Static????  (Read 613 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
AT&T UVerse IP Addresses - Static????
« on: December 27, 2019, 03:29:39 PM »
I'm having trouble on my UVerse account.  There is one particular site I am on that will block my IP every so often when my router changes IP addresses.  I think it blocked someone who was assigned the same one, not sure.

What can I do to quickly force Uverse to assign me a new IP when this happens?

I've depowered my entire system where it comes in the wall from the street.  Left it off for an hour.   Same address got assigned again.

:bhead

I'm using a BGW210-700 modem.    It's driving me nuts.   :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: AT&T UVerse IP Addresses - Static????
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 02:45:57 AM »
it's only the Internet service provider that can do this (if they want/can) for you.

I called my ISP and they got me an fixed external IP address (for extra cost per month)
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
Re: AT&T UVerse IP Addresses - Static????
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 04:22:49 PM »
Back in the days of DSL I used to be able to get a new IP whenever I wanted by power cycling the DSL modem (but always in the same subnet). Now-a-days with cable modems and fiber that doesn't seem to work any more, always the same IP.

I agree that if you really need a new IP you might call your ISP.  The other alternative is to buy a VPN service.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown