Author Topic: Bomb-able runways  (Read 1247 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Bomb-able runways
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 12:05:54 PM »
Instead of bombs disabling runways, maybe a large enough bomb would create a crater that you need to taxi around to takeoff

I'm sure no one would think of putting a crater on all spawn points?

HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 04:00:49 PM »
I'm sure no one would think of putting a crater on all spawn points?

HiTech
ouuu. You mean vehicle spawn points? :x
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 09:38:49 PM »
  I remember this being suggested some time ago. And I remember thinking it would be fun. But then someone pointed out that it would be too easy to shut down a field that way. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »
  I remember this being suggested some time ago. And I remember thinking it would be fun. But then someone pointed out that it would be too easy to shut down a field that way. 

You missed a detail in the suggestion Mongoose - you won't shut down a field, you'll just force them to take off from the hangar... :aok
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:57:33 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 11:50:48 AM »

It always seemed weird that you could pepper the runway and it had no effect.

Even if the crater had a much faster repair time than the hangar. 
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 11:55:58 AM »
ok, how about something like every 500lb of ordnance dropped on a runway adds one level to eny restrictions for what can take off from the runway.

maybe after an initial 1000 lbs you cant take of in any eny 5 planes from that specific runway, and then every 500 lbs drops it down another 5 eny or so with a hard limit of maybe 20 or 25.
hangers would be unaffected if they are up.

just spitballing here.
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 11:56:50 AM »
or merge the idea with ai base defenders, and make hits to the runway prevent only ai from upping.

"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 12:36:17 PM »
With the low MA numbers today, why do you want to lock them down on their field and force them to leave the area? We don't have very many newbies who will keep trying to up from the hanger giving away free and easy kills. In today's MA they will either go somewhere else on the map to play or show up at 25k and pick you to death while you circle the dead field waiting to pick them. At least with a functioning runway and some amount of ack, they keep upping to fight.

As for the AI idea, an all AI base object yes. A few of those in every country to spawn fighter sweeps to help besieged feilds or some such role. Put horribly accurate ack on them and try to shut their runway down. Then incorporate that object's dynamic into the MA game dynamic. We already have the ack base which can be locked down to auto ack only. But you can land there and safely tower. Maybe Hitech can adjust that object's dynamic and manually add them to maps in some order. Then while you are capping a feild and picking the defenders hiding in their ack. AI can show up and pick you unless you bomb the AI's runway.......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.