Author Topic: Alternate Payment Options  (Read 2873 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Alternate Payment Options
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2020, 03:37:28 PM »
$5 for 5 hours with a week to use those hours.

Boom. There you have it.

If you say $5 a day. That means they could play for 24 hours (hypothetically) or only play 2 hours. Not sure how you pay for players on a server, but I think them paying for hours would be more beneficial. Then players could have micro cost for time playing that week, rather than only a single day to play.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2020, 04:11:01 PM »
would be cool i guess, buy 12 hours for 5 bucks to be used within 1 or 2 weeks from first login.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2020, 05:03:19 PM »
Do I get a discount if I know the secret handshake?

LOL I paid over a year and did not even play when my home was flooded after Harvey.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2020, 05:24:10 PM »
If HT had a way to check he'd find that since AW closed I've paid far, far more than I've played month after month, but those days are over.  What I've asked for is more than a reasonable question, but hey keep throwing the one liners out there, they really contribute a lot to an adult conversation.

Hungry
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2020, 05:31:03 PM »
If HT had a way to check he'd find that since AW closed I've paid far, far more than I've played month after month, but those days are over.  What I've asked for is more than a reasonable question, but hey keep throwing the one liners out there, they really contribute a lot to an adult conversation.

Hungry

The important thing is you got to have your "adult conversation" and say HT's answer wasn't good enough for you and announce your departure.  :aok

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2020, 05:35:14 PM »
Just to keep it straight, I had a follow up question, is that ok with you? and no its not an announcement of my departure as you put it, I haven't played or paid for quite awhile, I was looking for a way back in, are you saying I shouldn't bother?

Hungry

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2020, 07:34:03 PM »
Just to keep it straight, I had a follow up question, is that ok with you? and no its not an announcement of my departure as you put it, I haven't played or paid for quite awhile, I was looking for a way back in, are you saying I shouldn't bother?

Hey, fellow old guy:  Chill.  We'd like you to come back.  Figure out a way to do it.  In the meanwhile, you starting this thread has produced some new ideas.  Feel good about that.

But get your butt back here.  We need every old guy we can get.

- oldman

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2020, 08:08:02 PM »
Hey, thanks Oldman appreciate the kind words, I'm working on it.  Hope to hear more from HT, lol, did the Senior Citizen discount question really sound that bad, lol.  Maybe I could sign back up and get a discount through AARP not Steam

Hungry

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2020, 02:05:49 AM »

Hungry

Nothing wrong with asking your question in the OP.  I posted a response to other post in this thread and explained my experience.

No reason for you to get off kilter. We would like to see you back.

I dropped AARP when they showed their true face.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 02:07:49 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2020, 03:25:58 AM »
buttface?

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2020, 09:07:21 AM »
It should go back to $30 a month. At the least it should come with the disclaimer, "Not recommended for the unemployed". Honestly if $15 a month is a problem for you, you should be concerning yourself with more important things than video game prices.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2020, 10:13:47 AM »
Another Aces High cliché, misguided assumption ? " Honestly if $15 a month is a problem for you, you should be concerning yourself with more important things than video game prices."

I tried to make it clear in the opening and subsequent posts that its NOT, that I cant afford the $15, yes I watch my money as anyone who is retired should.

Once again the issue is and if you read my half a steak comment I wouldn't have to repeat myself, the issue is playing time, if I play a few hours here and there randomly during the course of a month which I would like to be able to do, is their a reduced pricing plan that might accommodate it rather than paying full price. In todays economy that's a universal question we should be asking and probably are asking every day. What is the value for money spent.  If I were to be glued to the monitor like the old days night after night, no question about it, a completely different story.

It seemed like such a simple question and if it helped entry level players get their feet wet great.

Hungry

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2020, 02:53:38 PM »
It should go back to $30 a month. At the least it should come with the disclaimer, "Not recommended for the unemployed". Honestly if $15 a month is a problem for you, you should be concerning yourself with more important things than video game prices.

I think the problem we have here is not what $15 means to anyone.. its what you get for $15.  Just my opinion.  The action you get out of this awesome game it pretty limited, and chokes itself out with some of the game mechanics.  Again, my opinion.  You know what they say about opinions..

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2020, 03:19:29 PM »

yea, $30 a month, lets just kill whats left of the game right now.

why do you not want the unemployed?
the younger generation?
frugal people?
old retired guys?

who then is the market, just the currently playing people?

if aces high had more players than it could reasonably deal with , raising the price would be the way to go,

as it is, aces high has an issue finding and especially keeping new players. am i wrong?
and its not a "players dont like flight sims" problem.

you have a serious "players wont give it a chance" problem.

the 15$ subscription is fine for people who are hooked.
but its hard to get people hooked into spending that 15$ a month. not because 15$ a month is more than a lot of people can afford.
no because of the perception that it is more expensive than the alternative.even if that is not the case.

most people are not going to stay around long enough to get hooked, and whether you like it or not, the fixed $15 month cost is a part of that.

this is not the 90's its a whole new generation, and its this generation you need to convince.
if im choosing to try two new games, and one is a fixed per month subscription only, and the other is "free" to at least get into. most people are going to choose the free one, even if they end up spending more than 15$ month to be competitive.

players are a commodity, even a free player on the server who never makes a purchase has value.

lets be clear i want hitech to make money, thats good for everyone involved.

i just think there are options worth looking at that would increase player count and revenue.
the subscription model is fine, but it shouldn't be the only option.

lets give a real world example,

im an engineer, in my early 30's. this makes me on the younger side of the in game players.(this alone should tell you something)
I have a full time job generous amounts of free time and a good salary. $15 a month is a drop in the bucket to me.i regulary spend more than 15$ a month on games without thinking about it.but the 15$ subscription still seemed like a lot based on what i saw. with other games im not locked into that cost, and yet i still avg more than the aces high subscription per month without thinking about it. there is a huge psychological barrier that is a very real thing for most regular people.
perceived value is important, actual value is not as important.
and lets be clear i feel aces high does AIR COMBAT better than the alternatives. and air combat is what im looking for. and i also like the open world mmo style approach.
but if i hadn't already been exposed to it when i was younger and had an idea of what i was getting into i wouldnt even have given it a shot. like i wouldnt even have installed it.
even after my two week trial i was unsure. it was fun , but i wasnt very good, and there were other options. one night the couple main games i was playing all needed an update and my internet is slow and the updates were all huge,rather then wait i went ahead and signed up. by the end of the month i had gotten were i felt i could hold my own against an avg guy at least part of the time. the challenge is what hooked me.
but it took a special set of circumstances to get me there.
and there has to be a better way.
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2020, 03:37:43 PM »
Kids these days...!   :old:

Why, I remember paying $6 per HOUR to play Air Warrior on GEnie.  (That would be about $12 per hour in today's money.)   :O

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?